By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild is overrated.

CarcharodonKraz said:

Ok. This was surely a joke. 96 and 97 is pretty learly splitting hairs. My real complaint was the laxk od unbreakable weapons. I wanted a grand quest that paid off w the master sword bwing upgraded or somwthing like that. Also tnhat ending was very unsatiafying. A simple embrace qouldve dixed it for me. Hyrule warriors aoc had better storytelling imo. Wish botw was that good story wiae.

The first DLC is exactly that. Trial of the Sword is a big quest where you start with nothing and have to go through a series of rooms each of greater difficulty and the final reward is a powered up Master Sword.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

Ok. This was surely a joke. 96 and 97 is pretty learly splitting hairs. My real complaint was the laxk od unbreakable weapons. I wanted a grand quest that paid off w the master sword bwing upgraded or somwthing like that. Also tnhat ending was very unsatiafying. A simple embrace qouldve dixed it for me. Hyrule warriors aoc had better storytelling imo. Wish botw was that good story wiae.

The first DLC is exactly that. Trial of the Sword is a big quest where you start with nothing and have to go through a series of rooms each of greater difficulty and the final reward is a powered up Master Sword.

Yep.... that u get after the game is over. Kind of defeats the purpose. If it were a side quest in the actual game, and more variex in environment,  it would ve been what I wqs looking for.

Okay.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

If any Zelda game is "overrated", its Majora's Mask #fightme

You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you? 

Heh, I avoided this thread up til now thinking, "I'm not going to touch that troll thread."  Then I actually read the OP, lol.  The joke was on me.  Maybe I was reverse trolled?

Around the Network

to be honest it is a little over rated. Great game, but It shouldn't be in the best games of all time list like many swear by. It's a few boss battles short with some repetive and easy dungeons. And the final mission was a big letdown, that castle that you explore, i was expecting  something grand, not a hollow experience. 

Eric2048 said:

Maybe i'd agree it's somewhat overrated. But It has a lot of clever game design choices and fun mechanics.

I will say the shrines are a lame replacement for traditional dungeons. And the weapon degradation system is just pointless and annoying.

But besides that it's a fantastic game.

Shrines, I believe, is Aonuma style. So I agreed with you( the minority of shrines have a clever design and problem-solving mechanisms and not puzzle solving, so this minority is very cool). Weapon degradation I love because of rising the survivalist style and improvisation. When u make this you are engaged on the game and engaged in your best fun zone. and this type of feature matches with systemic games Zelda are. Likewise low ammo in Doom Eternal. Keep the good flow and player engaged. 

KratosLives said:

to be honest it is a little over rated. Great game, but It shouldn't be in the best games of all time list like many swear by. It's a few boss battles short with some repetive and easy dungeons. And the final mission was a big letdown, that castle that you explore, i was expecting  something grand, not a hollow experience. 

Agreed. Only the top 2 of the decade.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best game of all time.

No contest. 

Agente42 said:
KratosLives said:

Agreed. Only the top 2 of the decade.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best game of all time.

No contest. 

Last edited by KratosLives - on 10 January 2021

I give it an 80. No desire to go back to it after I saw the credits roll.