By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not even halfway through this generation, Japan's home console market clinches growth

Japan is...

Cool 2 4.26%

Fascinating 7 14.89%

Awesome 2 4.26%

Kawaii 13 27.66%

Games 23 48.94%

Total:47

I feel like there's a caveat somewhere.

Around the Network

Rol, I find amusing how you classify Switch as home console or handheld based on whatever point you wants to make

Wants to prove how handheld market is alive and didn't suffered from competition with mobile? Then Switch is handheld
Wants to prove how home console market is not declining in Japan? Then Switch is a home console

Aren't your numbers wrong ? The Switch sold 17 million units, not 14

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

IcaroRibeiro said:

Rol, I find amusing how you classify Switch as home console or handheld based on whatever point you wants to make

Wants to prove how handheld market is alive and didn't suffered from competition with mobile? Then Switch is handheld
Wants to prove how home console market is not declining in Japan? Then Switch is a home console

Imagine you are a game developer. If you make a game for Switch, who is going to buy your game. Will it be home console gamers or handheld console gamers. Then you realize that it will be both.

That's why counting Switch towards both the home console and handheld console market is not only fair game, but the only logical way to do it.

It isn't any different from the gamer's perspective either. When a console is so flexible, then looking at it as an either-or situation is nonsensical.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Switch is last gen.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Switch Lite sales are excluded. I hope I don't need to explain why.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

xl-klaudkil said:

Switch is last gen.

I thought you are a big PS fan?

RolStoppable said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Imagine you are a game developer. If you make a game for Switch, who is going to buy your game. Will it be home console gamers or handheld console gamers. Then you realize that it will be both.

That's why counting Switch towards both the home console and handheld console market is not only fair game, but the only logical way to do it.

It isn't any different from the gamer's perspective either. When a console is so flexible, then looking at it as an either-or situation is nonsensical.

I agree with this, switch is both. Is a perfect system.

Besides the low specs

My youtube gaming page.

RolStoppable said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Switch is last gen.

I thought you are a big PS fan?

Yea,but also have a switch.

Loved xenoblade 1 and 2, mario oddesy and atm playing luigi mansion 3

My youtube gaming page.

RolStoppable said:
SKMBlake said:

Switch Lite sales are excluded. I hope I don't need to explain why.

Well being hateful towards that poor little console doesn't need explanation indeed

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me