By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - KFC releasing new 4K Gaming Console, and its real.

$1000+ with very limited supply if true.

Around the Network

Even if it's real it's still a joke. It's not a console, it's not a PC, it's a marketing prop for 4 companies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

coolbeans said:

We need a naming convention for KFConsole fanboys pronto!

I'd call it the kernel but it will only have one game angry birds.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I... think I'm going to bed now, I'm too tired for this...

But in case someone is interested, there are some leaks around. Apparently, the KFConsole is using its own propietary format for games: no discs, no cartridges, this is the future (source).

coolbeans said:

We need a naming convention for KFConsole fanboys pronto!

Chickens?

I'm mostly a lurker now.

¿Can I have a KFC Cook Simulator game to go with this?

Around the Network

Somewhere in the world someone just had their prayers answered

我是广州人

Leynos said:

That sounds like a massive fire hazard and refuse to believe it is real. Do you really want flammable grease around something like this? Do you really trust people to not put dumb shit they should not in a heat tray?

Their killer app might just kill your system.

Honestly, I can't believe that.

It's real insofar as they'll make a few functioning units for marketing purposes. There isn't going to be a wide release.

Also, I'll note that the XSX already has a blazing hot bowl on top. I was thinking about using it to keep my Hot Pocket warm today, but decided it'd be too hard to replace the console if i screwed it up.

Ashadelo said:

Somewhere in the world someone just had their prayers answered

DarkSydePhil, you mean?

This thing seems too crazy too be real. Even keeping fully cooked chicken warm opens up a can of worms in terms of safety. They'll make a few of these, maybe a few hundred. They'll be given away in a contest or have an obscene price tag. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima