By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How are you going to spend this Christmas?

I'm spending the day at home. My parents are going to make some special food, and I will probably wish a merry christmas to my relatives by phone call. Boring, I know, but yeah. My town is almost in lockdown anyway.

What about you guys?

Around the Network

I suspect you won't get a lot of response from people here if they are planning to do it normally out of a desire to avoid being shouted out at, but I will give it a go. We have already done Christmas in person with my family, will be celebrating with my wife's family in person in a few days, and then various meetups with friends of ours over the next 1.5 weeks.

At home with my family.

My Mum and stepfather will be visiting us for a family Christmas of four, as opposed to the usual large family gatherings we have on both my Mum and Dad's side.
There's been no community transmission of Covid in my state since October, but we're being careful just in case.

I'm meeting my mom, sister-in-law, and two nieces tomorrow to exchange gifts halfway between where we live. We are all staying apart for Christmas which is fine with us. Once we all get vaccinated, we are planning on having a Thanksgiving celebration and Christmas celebration whenever we want. Heck, maybe we'll have five Christmases and Thanksgivings in 2021. I'm learning to roast duck, goose and leg of lambs to prepare for when we can get together.

I get a 4 day weekend and am planning a 3-4 day Borderlands 3 marathon session. I've stayed away from the liquor all year but received some Salted Caramel Crown Royal bottles from one of my venders and will probably indulge a bit as I game. I'll be cooking a beef vegetable stew on Christmas Eve, and a ham with some pressure cooked beans for Christmas.

I was gifted two of these, but I haven't opened them yet. The picture is of my friend's bottle that he is teasing me with.

Hope all of you stay safe and have a blessed Holiday celebrations.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 22 December 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

It will be me with my father, my brother might come during the afternoon on the 24th to spend a little time, but the rest will be just the two of us. If it was up to me, we wouldn't see my brother, but there is always a moral boost when my father sees him. (my father has an advanced cancer, therefore I want to be extremely cautious with him).

DroidKnight said:

I'm meeting my mom, sister-in-law, and two nieces tomorrow to exchange gifts halfway between where we live. We are all staying apart for Christmas which is fine with us. Once we all get vaccinated, we are planning on having a Thanksgiving celebration and Christmas celebration whenever we want. Heck, maybe we'll have five Christmases and Thanksgivings in 2021. I'm learning to roast duck, goose and leg of lambs to prepare for when we can get together.

Hope all of you stay safe and have a blessed Holiday celebrations.

Hi @DroidKnight not sure if you are kidding, but that roasted duck just made me really hungry!

Beach house with the family. Fancy dinner and such.

I'm working at the institution, there will be only three kids there, one came in only a week ago so he needs some extra love and attention for Christmas. Me and my colleague will make a crazy buffet of amazing dishes, both from the Middle-East and more traditional Scandinavian fare! I prefer this to visiting family, it's always messy and dramatic this time of year (and the rest of the year as well).

With family.

First christmas day with one side, second christmas day (we have two) with the other. But my family, both sides, isn’t very big so not much changes for me. On New Year’s Eve I’ll be visiting a friend.