By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How are you going to spend this Christmas?

Gonna visit my mom tomorrow evening and we're having some food and a zoom meeting with the rest of the family. That's it. Probably not many presents gonna be exchanged this year because what's the point. Gonna spend the rest of the days until Monday just chilling alone at home.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Like I usually do. Gonna gather my whole family in my house or on someone else's(from the family) house, and celebrate it with some really good food and presents.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Doing exactly the same things that I've been doing for the rest of the year, but with a couple of family dinners that I will, however, try to avoid.

Actually, this is one of the periods of the year when I usually spend more time playing video games, so I guess there's that.

Last edited by Verter - on 23 December 2020

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Last year was my first Christmas without my family, but I had friends to go out with. This year will be my first Christmas completely alone.

Working and depressed. Yay.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
dmillos said:

Hi @DroidKnight not sure if you are kidding, but that roasted duck just made me really hungry!

I was serious.  Most of my family have only ever had turkey or ham, they have never even tasted lamb, duck, or goose.  Even I have never had duck or goose or leg of lamb.  I have had lamb chops but none of the above.  I thought it would be neat to start new holiday traditions once all this shit is over and be more appreciative of what I always took for granted.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
dmillos said:

Hi @DroidKnight not sure if you are kidding, but that roasted duck just made me really hungry!

I was serious.  Most of my family have only ever had turkey or ham, they have never even tasted lamb, duck, or goose.  Even I have never had duck or goose or leg of lamb.  I have had lamb chops but none of the above.  I thought it would be neat to start new holiday traditions once all this shit is over and be more appreciative of what I always took for granted.

@DroidKnight Awesome idea! I might just try it out. Duck is my favorite meal, Fried duck with fried rice is delicious. 

This plate is from Freiburg Germany, I dream of this dish constantly, lol

And this is from Berlin, Not even sure what it is called, but it is pork

Spend time with my family. Open gifts, have dinner, and maybe watch a Christmas movie.

Playing CyberPunk 2077, Looks great on my new GPU and having a blast playing it so far. I will miss getting together with my family but that can wait till we all vaccinated.

I'll be doing it the same way as I always do. Christmas Eve dinner at a restaurant with the family, Christmas day with the family at one of our houses. If I get lucky, I'll get an hour or two of gaming time in the early morning or the late night.

Most importantly, I'll be spending the day with my son. He's just short of 2 years old, and starting to get his head around the fact that something special is happening. I'm very excited for him. (To be clear, I'm with my son everyday. His mother and I are married. I'm just saying, I'm looking forward to spending the special day with him.)