By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II - Now Most Awarded Game of All Time!

mZuzek said:
kazuyamishima said:

268 and counting. Can it reach 280??

It's the general consensus in this site that this game is one of the worst goty and this year was one of the weakest one ever seen related to gaming and that 2017 had really tough competition and was the best year ever??

I don't really care about that argument for this year, for all I care and see 2020 was quite a good year for videogames even if I've barely played any releases. But yeah it doesn't compare to 2017. No other year compares to 2017, really. That year was just masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece, it was absolutely ridiculous. Game of the year shortlist didn't even cover all of the 10/10 games that year (because it didn't choose all of the best ones, but still).

I totally agree. Anyone trying to say 2017 wasn't an exceptional year should take a look at this poll made last year to determine the best year of the 2010's:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242103/best-year-of-gaming-last-decade/

Not only did 2017 win, it gathered over 70% of the votes.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

So you don't want to present the many flaws you saw because they were already countered and that means that your points are true but not worthy listing? Have you played the game?

No, because I know this song an dance already. I've been here for 7 years and I've danced to that tune and I got fed up with getting modded, because dancing to said tune ended up being long winded bait to get me riled up, so I've decided not to bother with wasting time, writing out novel like stories on why something "sucks", because it almost always is met with "well you're wrong" or "it was debunked", and responses like that are not only low wit responses, but damn near insulting, because it just shows the other person wasn't wanting to discuss or talk in the first place, and I'm really shocked some of you haven't picked up on that mentality on here by now.

I'd make personal examples of that behaviour from some users on this site here, but I know damn well mods don't like it when people like me want to make examples of said people, because they consider it an "attack on character", despite the fact that outside of this very forum, people are judge by their very character.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

TruckOSaurus said:

I totally agree. Anyone trying to say 2017 wasn't an exceptional year should take a look at this poll made last year to determine the best year of the 2010's:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242103/best-year-of-gaming-last-decade/

Not only did 2017 win, it gathered over 70% of the votes.

I just decided to take a gander at general 2017 nominations and winners across multiple sites, and I have to agree. 2017 was just a better year for winners and selections all around. Different sites already chose different games, different winners, different outcomes.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I completed last of us 2 this weekend gotta say Ori will of wisp is still my favorite game released this yr.

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

So you don't want to present the many flaws you saw because they were already countered and that means that your points are true but not worthy listing? Have you played the game?

No, because I know this song an dance already. I've been here for 7 years and I've danced to that tune and I got fed up with getting modded, because dancing to said tune ended up being long winded bait to get me riled up, so I've decided not to bother with wasting time, writing out novel like stories on why something "sucks", because it almost always is met with "well you're wrong" or "it was debunked", and responses like that are not only low wit responses, but damn near insulting, because it just shows the other person wasn't wanting to discuss or talk in the first place, and I'm really shocked some of you haven't picked up on that mentality on here by now.

I'd make personal examples of that behaviour from some users on this site here, but I know damn well mods don't like it when people like me want to make examples of said people, because they consider it an "attack on character", despite the fact that outside of this very forum, people are judge by their very character.

So since you don't want to discuss the game that you didn't play and the discussion of the merits is also so weak, why are you on the thread then?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

So since you don't want to discuss the game that you didn't play and the discussion of the merits is also so weak, why are you on the thread then?

I'm talking about other years of awards as well, as others are doing so in this thread called "GOTY tracker", rather than "TLOUII tracker".

I get the feeling you're being defensive about this over one game?.

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Stop judging and start talking  without getting riled up. I said I want a proper discussion about the game since you mentioned the flaws without talking about, can we do this or not?

I thought that after 7 months and a half of the game been released, people wouldn’t discuss or review the game without playing it.

I saw plenty of YT videos and well, the Internet was flooded with plenty of reviews like “I don’t need to play the game to know the flaws and know it’s a bad game, because the entire game is all there to check it on YT/Reddit/4Chan”.

I almost want to ask people "have you ever tried death?. You can't say much about it unless you've tried it, because I know how batshit crazy that sounds, but that's what "you can't say shit unless you've touched it with two thumbs" sounds to me, as if using those things called eyes and ears aren't something you can use already to determine is something is good or not, let alone the tongue or nose for smelling and tasting.

I can't believe in all my years that I had to actually mention something so glaringly basic, on a site like this.

Imagine ignoring all of history, because it's easy to access and view for everyone to see, but because you didn't take part in a specific era of history, you don't get to judge the rest of history, like for real, that sounds completely fucking asinine and stupid.

Last edited by Chazore - on 01 February 2021

Chazore said:

I almost want to ask people "have you ever tried death?. You can't say much about it unless you've tried it, because I know how batshit crazy that sounds, but that's what "you can't say shit unless you've touched it with two thumbs" sounds to me, as if using those things called eyes and ears aren't something you can use already to determine is something is good or not, let alone the tongue or nose for smelling and tasting.

I can't believe in all my years that I had to actually mention something so glaringly basic, on a site like this.

Imagine ignoring all of history, because it's easy to access and view for everyone to see, but because you didn't take part in a specific era of history, you don't get to judge the rest of history, like for real, that sounds completely fucking asinine and stupid.

It's a game for crying out loud. You saying that there isn't a difference of emotion to be had from experiencing something first hand rather than reading about it?!! unbelievable...