By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II - Now Most Awarded Game of All Time!

TLoU2 at 266 now.



Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Every so called flaw I have heard has been countered and argued, so is there really a flaw that is unanimously agreed upon, if so let me hear it. I want to see people back up their claims of "flaws" , that would get in the way of a game deserving of game of year status, and how it fails compared to other games on the list.  I see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon of hate and criticism of neil, but nothing substantial to back it up.

Why on earth am I going to waste time writing up flaws others have already pointed out that haven't been "countered", when it's so easy, and has been shown time an time again on this forum, for years I might add, that someone can be so flippant with an easy to make rebuttal as "you're just a hater" or "debunked".

You've already been gearing up with crap phrases like "a game made by perfectionists", "I don't see this game being topped" etc. You're absolutely in the thick of not wanting to hear anything else, because I can tell you now, you will absolutely come back with an easier, smaller sentence that's basically the equivalent "well you're wrong", or "it's perfect", completely "debunking" whatever it is I have to say.



268 and counting. Can it reach 280??

It’s the general consensus in this site that this game is one of the worst goty and this year was one of the weakest one ever seen related to gaming and that 2017 had really tough competition and was the best year ever??



Chazore said:
KratosLives said:

Every so called flaw I have heard has been countered and argued, so is there really a flaw that is unanimously agreed upon, if so let me hear it. I want to see people back up their claims of "flaws" , that would get in the way of a game deserving of game of year status, and how it fails compared to other games on the list.  I see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon of hate and criticism of neil, but nothing substantial to back it up.

Why on earth am I going to waste time writing up flaws others have already pointed out that haven't been "countered", when it's so easy, and has been shown time an time again on this forum, for years I might add, that someone can be so flippant with an easy to make rebuttal as "you're just a hater" or "debunked".

You've already been gearing up with crap phrases like "a game made by perfectionists", "I don't see this game being topped" etc. You're absolutely in the thick of not wanting to hear anything else, because I can tell you now, you will absolutely come back with an easier, smaller sentence that's basically the equivalent "well you're wrong", or "it's perfect", completely "debunking" whatever it is I have to say.

Crap phrases? They are perfectionists, or trying to be, neil spoke of it and it shows in the details.

Listen clearly, I don't owe allegiance to neil or anyone at naughtydog. If a game has issues or serious flaws, I have no issue saying so and agreeing to it, or atleast with an open, clear mind listen and discuss . I'm not a blind fan boy sticking up for a game for the sake of it, I don't believe my life would get better or good things would happen by lying to myself and being dishonest. I believe in fair criticism and would defend something to the death if I feel it's been wrongfully accused of something it doesn't deserve. I've seen games of franchises I love let me down, and spoken openly about the flaws, while disappointed . I've been in forums and had good discussions, and talks, i've seen people change their minds about the game, i've seen people stubborn to not want to listen. 

I assume you played the game, so I would like to hear what you didn't like. 



kazuyamishima said:

268 and counting. Can it reach 280??

It’s the general consensus in this site that this game is one of the worst goty and this year was one of the weakest one ever seen related to gaming and that 2017 had really tough competition and was the best year ever??

2017 actually ha quite the colourful line-up of titles to pick and choose from, compared to the previous year we just had.



Around the Network
Chazore said:
KratosLives said:

Every so called flaw I have heard has been countered and argued, so is there really a flaw that is unanimously agreed upon, if so let me hear it. I want to see people back up their claims of "flaws" , that would get in the way of a game deserving of game of year status, and how it fails compared to other games on the list.  I see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon of hate and criticism of neil, but nothing substantial to back it up.

Why on earth am I going to waste time writing up flaws others have already pointed out that haven't been "countered", when it's so easy, and has been shown time an time again on this forum, for years I might add, that someone can be so flippant with an easy to make rebuttal as "you're just a hater" or "debunked".

You've already been gearing up with crap phrases like "a game made by perfectionists", "I don't see this game being topped" etc. You're absolutely in the thick of not wanting to hear anything else, because I can tell you now, you will absolutely come back with an easier, smaller sentence that's basically the equivalent "well you're wrong", or "it's perfect", completely "debunking" whatever it is I have to say.

So you don't want to present the many flaws you saw because they were already countered and that means that your points are true but not worthy listing? Have you played the game?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kazuyamishima said:

268 and counting. Can it reach 280??

It's the general consensus in this site that this game is one of the worst goty and this year was one of the weakest one ever seen related to gaming and that 2017 had really tough competition and was the best year ever??

I don't really care about that argument for this year, for all I care and see 2020 was quite a good year for videogames even if I've barely played any releases. But yeah it doesn't compare to 2017. No other year compares to 2017, really. That year was just masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece, it was absolutely ridiculous. Game of the year shortlist didn't even cover all of the 10/10 games that year (because it didn't choose all of the best ones, but still).



mZuzek said:
kazuyamishima said:

268 and counting. Can it reach 280??

It's the general consensus in this site that this game is one of the worst goty and this year was one of the weakest one ever seen related to gaming and that 2017 had really tough competition and was the best year ever??

I don't really care about that argument for this year, for all I care and see 2020 was quite a good year for videogames even if I've barely played any releases. But yeah it doesn't compare to 2017. No other year compares to 2017, really. That year was just masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece, it was absolutely ridiculous. Game of the year shortlist didn't even cover all of the 10/10 games that year (because it didn't choose all of the best ones, but still).

I totally agree. Anyone trying to say 2017 wasn't an exceptional year should take a look at this poll made last year to determine the best year of the 2010's:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242103/best-year-of-gaming-last-decade/

Not only did 2017 win, it gathered over 70% of the votes.



Signature goes here!

DonFerrari said:

So you don't want to present the many flaws you saw because they were already countered and that means that your points are true but not worthy listing? Have you played the game?

No, because I know this song an dance already. I've been here for 7 years and I've danced to that tune and I got fed up with getting modded, because dancing to said tune ended up being long winded bait to get me riled up, so I've decided not to bother with wasting time, writing out novel like stories on why something "sucks", because it almost always is met with "well you're wrong" or "it was debunked", and responses like that are not only low wit responses, but damn near insulting, because it just shows the other person wasn't wanting to discuss or talk in the first place, and I'm really shocked some of you haven't picked up on that mentality on here by now.


I'd make personal examples of that behaviour from some users on this site here, but I know damn well mods don't like it when people like me want to make examples of said people, because they consider it an "attack on character", despite the fact that outside of this very forum, people are judge by their very character.



TruckOSaurus said:

I totally agree. Anyone trying to say 2017 wasn't an exceptional year should take a look at this poll made last year to determine the best year of the 2010's:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242103/best-year-of-gaming-last-decade/

Not only did 2017 win, it gathered over 70% of the votes.

I just decided to take a gander at general 2017 nominations and winners across multiple sites, and I have to agree. 2017 was just a better year for winners and selections all around. Different sites already chose different games, different winners, different outcomes.