By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II - Now Most Awarded Game of All Time!

DonFerrari said:

And now we know that when you watch a tutorial you automatically learn how to do it, and to see and actor or artist doing something we know how to do it. To watch and do are about the same.

Well the first part is true. You watch a tutorial, you learn how to do it. Thats kinda the point of a tutorial...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
DonFerrari said:

And now we know that when you watch a tutorial you automatically learn how to do it, and to see and actor or artist doing something we know how to do it. To watch and do are about the same.

Well the first part is true. You watch a tutorial, you learn how to do it. Thats kinda the point of a tutorial...

No you don't, you have to also do it and usually several times until that knowledge really gets to you. Simply watching the tutorial doesn't teach you much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

No you don't, you have to also do it and usually several times until that knowledge really gets to you. Simply watching the tutorial doesn't teach you much.

What?.

I've never really had to repeat a tutorial for almost any game more than once, and in extremely rare cases, twice, but never more than twice, in order to understand systems like covering during fire, crafting materials, using hacking systems etc.

If you're completely braindead or very slow to learn?, sure, it'd take 5-10 times to take in said knowledge, but most gamers aren't a complete sack of potatoes. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

What?.

I've never really had to repeat a tutorial for almost any game more than once, and in extremely rare cases, twice, but never more than twice, in order to understand systems like covering during fire, crafting materials, using hacking systems etc.

If you're completely braindead or very slow to learn?, sure, it'd take 5-10 times to take in said knowledge, but most gamers aren't a complete sack of potatoes. 

Are gaming tutorial the only thing that exist as tutorial? And even if we were only thinking about tutorials it isn`t uncommon that something you were taught in a tutorial in the start of the game you forget because you don`t use until several hours later and you keep bashing your head on the wall.

But let`s say a photoshop tutorial or a engineering class on youtube. Would you claim you perfectly understood and learnt the whole content by watching once and not even repeating or trying the knowledge?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Wow. FF7R got 23 game of the year awards; that's unheard of for a JRPG since they have to pay the JRPG tax. Before taxes that's over 400 game of the year awards. Congrats to the Goty FF7R :)

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Dahum said:

The Witcher 3 jumped to 265 awards all of the sudden!

Maybe they got some new sources and are updating later years as well.

Was it only with TW3?

No, Part I went from 249 to 254

GOW went from 202 to 212

Death Stranding went from 91 to 103

Uncharted 4 from around 161 to about 176

The biggest jumper has been BOTW from about 205 to 232 and counting. 

Many winners from previous years are rising now collectively in the amount of Game of The Year awards they are getting!

PS: The Last of Us Part ll is now at 274 awards.

DonFerrari said:

Are gaming tutorial the only thing that exist as tutorial? And even if we were only thinking about tutorials it isn`t uncommon that something you were taught in a tutorial in the start of the game you forget because you don`t use until several hours later and you keep bashing your head on the wall.

But let`s say a photoshop tutorial or a engineering class on youtube. Would you claim you perfectly understood and learnt the whole content by watching once and not even repeating or trying the knowledge?

That's changing the posts though. We were specifically talking about tutorials before and learning from them, and you don't need to repeat a tutorial multiple times, unless you have a learning issue.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

That's changing the posts though. We were specifically talking about tutorials before and learning from them, and you don't need to repeat a tutorial multiple times, unless you have a learning issue.

How is changing the post? You were the one that interpreted tutorial as being section on the game only when in fact tutorial can be for almost anything, be it to beat a hard boss on Dark Souls, edit a photo on photoshop, repair an engine, etc. And you along some others are thinking that watching and doing is almost the same.

Chazore said:

I almost want to ask people "have you ever tried death?. You can't say much about it unless you've tried it, because I know how batshit crazy that sounds, but that's what "you can't say shit unless you've touched it with two thumbs" sounds to me, as if using those things called eyes and ears aren't something you can use already to determine is something is good or not, let alone the tongue or nose for smelling and tasting.

I can't believe in all my years that I had to actually mention something so glaringly basic, on a site like this.

Imagine ignoring all of history, because it's easy to access and view for everyone to see, but because you didn't take part in a specific era of history, you don't get to judge the rest of history, like for real, that sounds completely fucking asinine and stupid.

Well, it sounds asinine and stupid, because it's a strawman argument, and that's what they're designed to be.

If you want to have people respect your opinion on something, you should do the best kind of research possible. In this case, playing the game is undoubtedly the best form of research you can do.

Our research ability is sometimes limited. For instance, I cannot fully investigate death, because the price of that investigation would be losing my life, and that's not a price I'm willing to pay. The price of researching TLOU2 would be spending 60 bucks, or whatever it is, and devoting however many hours it would take, which is a far more reasonable fee.

Which is not to say that you have to absolutely play it to have any opinion. I watched videos and read reviews of TLOU and decided based on that it wasn't the kind of game I'd enjoy, and that I wouldn't want to spend 60 dollars on it (which also applies to the sequel). I worked with what I had to make the most informed decision I could because obviously I can't buy and play everything, so I got to draw the line somewhere.

But the validity of my conclusions are going to be limited by the amount of research I did. Saying that it deserves or does not deserve to be GOTY is something I'm not going to say without having actually played the game. If I did, people would be perfectly justified in not taking my opinion very seriously.