By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II - Now Most Awarded Game of All Time!

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

inb4 Neil Druckman will destroy ND.

No one human is perfect though. 

Sure he isn't perfect but what does that have to do with people claiming he is destryoing ND?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Sure he isn't perfect but what does that have to do with people claiming he is destryoing ND?

Well his writing was already criticized by some reviewers and the general public (for those that cared to), and like just about anyone on earth, he is capable of tripping over time with his works, even future ones. Amy was good back in the day, but then she moved on, then EA basically had her gone after some time. I don't usually trust EA, but at the same time I'm not in the line of thought that Amy is perfect with her writing either.

I wouldn't say he will "destroy" ND, but I do feel he'll lead it in a direction some may not agree nor like it going.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Well his writing was already criticized by some reviewers and the general public (for those that cared to), and like just about anyone on earth, he is capable of tripping over time with his works, even future ones. Amy was good back in the day, but then she moved on, then EA basically had her gone after some time. I don't usually trust EA, but at the same time I'm not in the line of thought that Amy is perfect with her writing either.

I wouldn't say he will "destroy" ND, but I do feel he'll lead it in a direction some may not agree nor like it going.

It was more than just neil who wrote for this game.  And it easily had the best story this year. I could write essays on how great it is, how it warrants more than one play through, how the story game feels the more you play, and ways it can't be interpreted, the discussion and thiking it brings.Every part of it was perfect, every bit of writing and story pacing has a purpose, the camera shots, the details in the expressions, down to the tiny and overlooked, and was carefully put together. It was a game made by perfectionists afterall. 

KratosLives said:

It was more than just neil who wrote for this game.  And it easily had the best story this year. I could write essays on how great it is, how it warrants more than one play through, how the story game feels the more you play, and ways it can't be interpreted, the discussion and thiking it brings.Every part of it was perfect, every bit of writing and story pacing has a purpose, the camera shots, the details in the expressions, down to the tiny and overlooked, and was carefully put together. It was a game made by perfectionists afterall. 

You could write an essay for sure, but it's still subjective persuasive writing at the end of the day. It's not objective, and his wouldn't be objective, because other  people will always look at one's writing in a different way, be it judging the writing or interpreting it's meaning.

I feel like you and some others on here feel what I once felt when I watched End of Evangelion. I felt so strongly about Hideki Anno's writing, the way he decided to end a series on such a strong note, and the power he mustered to put an end to what he loved making at the time. Looking back on it though, the movie itself was full of flaws, it was also made primarily out of emotions, non stable (no thanks to death threats), and as a result the movie wow'd some folk, but also divided others.

The anime community gave that film high praise, but with time, people are able to judge the film differently, despite the merits still being the same, because enough time has passed to look at the writing at a different angle.

See I get that you and a few here think of him as possibly the Mozart of gaming, complete with a magnum opus, but to someone like me, he's more run of the mill, like someone I've already seen before, and works I've already heard of years prior (Like the Walking Dead or Romero, which yes, Neil will owe toward, as does Capcom and any other zombie style game dev).

While TLOU II may have touched you personally, I strongly feel a game like Spirit farer has touched me more, even Night in the Woods, mostly because both involved dealing with death in different ways, but also because I lost family close to me. See NITW helped me deal with the fact my mother was no longer around, and Spirit farer got me to accept that death is just another stage of life, and that was endearing to me, personally speaking.

That being said, I still see Neil as someone who can make a bad choice, just like anyone when it comes to anything, from writing to drawing, everyone can make a mistake or a bad choice, no one is ultimately perfect.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

KratosLives said:
Chazore said:

This paragraph made me cringe hard. Particularly this part. Even the most deranged of fanboys usually don't go this far.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 28 January 2021

Around the Network
Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Agree with you. Still people (who hate him or him "being SJW") act as if he is already destroyed it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I miss Amy Hennig.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Cyberpunk 2077 passed ACNH and is the new #4, what a great “comeback”.

Hades and GOT are neck to neck between them for the #2 spot and Part II is still going strong at 265 awards and many more to come.

Can it reach 280?

Chazore said:
KratosLives said:

You could write an essay for sure, but it's still subjective persuasive writing at the end of the day. It's not objective, and his wouldn't be objective, because other  people will always look at one's writing in a different way, be it judging the writing or interpreting it's meaning.

I feel like you and some others on here feel what I once felt when I watched End of Evangelion. I felt so strongly about Hideki Anno's writing, the way he decided to end a series on such a strong note, and the power he mustered to put an end to what he loved making at the time. Looking back on it though, the movie itself was full of flaws, it was also made primarily out of emotions, non stable (no thanks to death threats), and as a result the movie wow'd some folk, but also divided others.

The anime community gave that film high praise, but with time, people are able to judge the film differently, despite the merits still being the same, because enough time has passed to look at the writing at a different angle.

See I get that you and a few here think of him as possibly the Mozart of gaming, complete with a magnum opus, but to someone like me, he's more run of the mill, like someone I've already seen before, and works I've already heard of years prior (Like the Walking Dead or Romero, which yes, Neil will owe toward, as does Capcom and any other zombie style game dev).

While TLOU II may have touched you personally, I strongly feel a game like Spirit farer has touched me more, even Night in the Woods, mostly because both involved dealing with death in different ways, but also because I lost family close to me. See NITW helped me deal with the fact my mother was no longer around, and Spirit farer got me to accept that death is just another stage of life, and that was endearing to me, personally speaking.

That being said, I still see Neil as someone who can make a bad choice, just like anyone when it comes to anything, from writing to drawing, everyone can make a mistake or a bad choice, no one is ultimately perfect.

Where were the flaws in the writing or narrative? And we don't really know of the 4 people who contributed to the writing, how much neil took part. Still doesn't change the fact how amazing everything in the game was. Like I said everything was well thought out and planned to fit. Even the slower paced moments, and lines of dialogue, was important. The facial expressions and body language is important. Things that I over looked in my first run, I understood more and appreciated in the second playthrough, and more so in the third. This is like one of those movies that you can watch everyday, and appreciate it more, that never gets old. 

I honestly can't see any game in the future topping this. Even if they come and make tlou3, this will still be a hard one to beat.

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Keep in mind when Zelda BOTW won its 169 awards, it did it in the same year Mario Odyssey released which also sits on a 97 metascore same as Zelda.

So? TLoU did it against GTAV.

TLOU was a better game than GTAV and many would agree on. If Mario Odyessy released along side GTAV, it would have raked home all the awards aswell. 

Mario Odyssey is considered by many one of the GOTG. TLOU2 had no competition outside a niche VR title and Indies.

Zelda had to compete with one of the very best Mario games ever made.