By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II - Now Most Awarded Game of All Time!

DonFerrari said:
kazuyamishima said:

256 now :), only 5 to be the all time supreme leader.

Can’t believe that both games (part I and II) have 510 awards between them. Impressive!!

inb4 Neil Druckman will destroy ND.

It’s already destroyed.

Didn’t you get the Memo?

OP: 261, It’s officially done!

Around the Network

The Last of Us Part ll just surpassed The Witcher 3 to become the most awarded game in the history of video games ladies and gents!!

Updated totals - The Last of Us Part II now the most awarded game of all time!

Award Totals

The Last of Us Part II - 261
Media Outlets: 169 | Readers' Choice: 92
Hades - 53
Media Outlets: 50 | Readers' Choice: 3
Ghost of Tsushima - 49
Media Outlets: 38 | Readers' Choice: 11
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 25
Media Outlets: 24 | Readers' Choice: 1
Cyberpunk 2077 - 23
Media Outlets: 10 | Readers' Choice: 13
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 20
Media Outlets: 19 | Readers' Choice: 1
Doom Eternal - 12
Media Outlets: 12 | Readers' Choice: 0
Half Life: Alyx - 9
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 4
Microsoft Flight Simulator - 4
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 4
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 3
Immortals Fenyx Rising - 2
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 1
Demon's Souls - 1
Dreams - 1
Kentucky Route Zero - 1
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 1
Persona 5 Royal - 1
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - 1
Spiritfarer - 1
Tell Me Why - 1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - 1

Well deserved. Great game.

Definitely one of my favourite games of last year. Doesn't quite top FFVII Remake or Cyberpunk 2077 imo (my GOTY) but yeah, impressive overall considering the controversy and negativity surrounding the game. Didn't think it could topple Witcher 3!

BraLoD said:

It has now passed BotW with 169 to 168 critic awards.
May pass TW3 soon with 172, but TLoU should still reign supreme with its 196.

Keep in mind when Zelda BOTW won its 169 awards, it did it in the same year Mario Odyssey released which also sits on a 97 metascore same as Zelda.

Around the Network

Game of the year, possibly generation. I can't wait to play it again once I get a ps5 and 60fps.

Isn't there a lot more awards today then there were a few years back? Seems like an odd comparison.

Either way, good for the Last 2, not my favorite, but others love it.

hinch said:

Well deserved. Great game.

Definitely one of my favourite games of last year. Doesn't quite top FFVII Remake or Cyberpunk 2077 imo (my GOTY) but yeah, impressive overall considering the controversy and negativity surrounding the game. Didn't think it could topple Witcher 3!

Almost my thoughts exactly.

It's hard to compare games of such wildly different genres, but TLOU2 is a very singular experience. I find myself still thinking about it. It's a thing of beauty, in technical terms as well as in the story and the themes.

The controversy was partly political, which I found to be unnecessary because the game really isn't as politically motivated as people seem to think. But if you get stuck on something like that, you will only see what you want to see.

The second point of contention was the story, which was designed to evoke feelings of hate and shock and such, so when it made people angry, it actually succeeded in what it was trying to do. However, there was a second and more important part to the experience, that was supposed to make you grow beyond that anger and hurt and see things from a broader perspective. Everyone did not connect with that second part.

In a funny way, the game realized one of its main themes by showing how depressingly strong the modern tribalistic mindset is and how it failed us yet again, both with accepting the story of the game and the political tussle surrounding it. Some of us are not willing to try and understand the opposing side, or muster any amount of empathy for them whatsoever. It's just us and them, always.

Chrkeller said:

Isn't there a lot more awards today then there were a few years back? Seems like an odd comparison.

Either way, good for the Last 2, not my favorite, but others love it.

Correct. As years past, more awards are given out. Soon we will be seeing games reach 300+ awards.

I haven't beat it yet but I think I'm about 70% through the game and I am legit baffled at people who said this is the best third person shooter they ever played. The game play feels the same as last of us 1 felt.