By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What price do you usually pay for your games?

What price do you usually pay for your games?

(Almost) always original MSRP 50 8.17%

Mostly original MSRP, partially discounted 95 15.52%

Roughly an even split 83 13.56%

Mostly discounted, partially original MSRP 155 25.33%

(Almost) always discounted 204 33.33%

I don't buy any games 25 4.08%

Total:612

I usually pay full price. I am very reluctant to buying games that I am not almost 100 percent sure I will enjoy. So, the ones I know I will enjoy I buy them right at launch. But when a very good deal comes around I do end up picking up games that I would not buy otherwise, like the 69 dollar pro controller bundle that came with Mario Odyssey at Walmart.

As far as spending on games, this year...My God!! I have never spent so much money on games as I have this year. I have bought probably 12 games this year alone. Which probably amounts to just about 500 dollars. It may not seem like a lot to most gamers, but I usually buy 3 games tops every year.

Around the Network

Since I'm mostly a Nintendo gamer I'll let that answer your question. Also, day 1, but not that that matters since I play mainly Nintendo.

If it's a game that I'm really anticipating, then I will buy it near launch and pay full price.  There aren't too many games like that anymore, so I usually wait for a discount.  I also pay full price if there is a physical copy of a game I want with a low print run (e.g. from Limited Run Games).  This year I paid full price for Age of Calamity and bought Animal Crossing for my daughter at full price.  Everything else was at a discount/used.

Bonus:  I spent about $300-$400 on games alone this year.

Depends on the game. Nintendo games I don't always look for sales on, but most PlayStation games I aim for $30-$40 range. I sometimes wait until $20 for some games.

Between Gamepass and the Rewards program... like $0, $20 at the most if I’m impatient

Around the Network

Most of my games are bought when they are on sale.

I never buy, and I mean never buy at full price

Patience is a virtue :)

Almost always discounted.

The only games in the last 3 years I bought for MSRP were AstroBot (€42) and Half-Life Alyx (€45).

On digital games, less than 10€ per game. On retail games, I always try to accumulate as many discounts and coupons as possible, but it ends up depending on the game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nowadays, not more than €15. Too many games I can play at no additional cost via Game Pass or get completely free by using MS Rewards.

Total amount spent on games (and DLC) in 2020: €410

Last edited by Barozi - on 15 December 2020