By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Apologizes For Hiding Base Console Performance- Offers Refunds

Will you be asking for a refund?

Yes 14 35.00%

No 26 65.00%

Total:40

My mother once told to me: "Apologies mean nothing if you knew that what you were about to do was bad and still did it anyway. You only want to apologize because you were caught. If you could have gotten away, you would have been perfectly fine about what you did. And that just shows how little you care about others and how miserable and coward you are".

Around the Network

A step in the right direction. I have no doubt that CDPR are committed to improving the console versions as much as possible in the future.
What is important is that the community sent a strong message to all the big publishers and developers in the industry by rejecting these practises. This is a positive outcome imo.

I like how the apology letter has 6 authors to sort of split the blame?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Vodacixi said:

My mother once told to me: "Apologies mean nothing if you knew that what you were about to do was bad and still did it anyway. You only want to apologize because you were caught. If you could have gotten away, you would have been perfectly fine about what you did. And that just shows how little you care about others and how miserable and coward you are".

I can tell your mother was/is good at laying down harsh, loving truth! :)

Dulfite said:
Vodacixi said:

I can tell your mother was/is good at laying down harsh, loving truth! :)

It totally is xD

But I must be thankful for that. I lied a lot when I was younger. And thanks to her I realized that trying to cover up my mistakes with lies (specially to the people I love) was one of the worst things you could do to yourself and your loved ones. 

Anyway, let's go back to CDProjekt xD

Around the Network
vivster said:

A few facts here:

They willingly and knowingly published an unfinished game as a finished product.

They hid footage of last gen console versions on purpose.

They did not apologize for the broken state the game is in.

Refunds for are required by law and should not be considered a concession by the publisher.

That official statement is a joke. And I'm going to continue to laugh at it and also at the people who thought CDP was in any way different from any other AAA publisher.

Plus they basically blame their development team after working them into the ground
"We should have paid more attention to make it run better of ps4 and XOne"

Please give us a chance to continue overworking our team, a patch will be there within seven days and more to follow in Januari.

"We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance"

It doesn't read at all like an apology.

SvennoJ said:
vivster said:

A few facts here:

They willingly and knowingly published an unfinished game as a finished product.

They hid footage of last gen console versions on purpose.

They did not apologize for the broken state the game is in.

Refunds for are required by law and should not be considered a concession by the publisher.

That official statement is a joke. And I'm going to continue to laugh at it and also at the people who thought CDP was in any way different from any other AAA publisher.

Plus they basically blame their development team after working them into the ground
"We should have paid more attention to make it run better of ps4 and XOne"

Please give us a chance to continue overworking our team, a patch will be there within seven days and more to follow in Januari.

"We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance"

It doesn't read at all like an apology.

It doesn't read like an apology because there is no apology in there. The only apology is for being caught.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well I was looking forward to this. I will wait until I have the series x. Even then, I will buy it used.

The CDProjekt fans are something else. Someone posted the text of the non apology on Steam. First reply

<3 'CD PROJKECT' HOPE YOU FIX IT

And also

Just in case anyone thought OP was trolling, like I originally thought (Projkekt!!!)

https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/important-update/

Some also make another legitimate observation

I'm not pleased with it on PC but they're not offering me a refund.

They admit they mislead about the performance on this generation of consoles but they don't admit anything else. Classy.

It's not about the performance itself. It's about the fact that the game is half finished.

Yet again, people deflect to performance and act like that's the only thing wrong with this game.

2 hours wasn't enough time to realize that half of the game is just illusion.

It should really have been delayed for all platforms. Place holders still in the game and for example Brazilian language track is completely missing (silence mostly when selecting that option) and on and on.