By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Apologizes For Hiding Base Console Performance- Offers Refunds

Will you be asking for a refund?

Yes 14 35.00%

No 26 65.00%

Total:40

"We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance"

Around the Network

You know what I will give them some credit.

At least they apologised.

Now the reason I am giving them some credit because when Nintendo console gets a dog pile of shit and gamers don't buy it, oh the console has "no Audience" rather than sorry we fucked up thinking Nintendo gamers are stupid and will buy it anyway.

Now how I feel, they should have put out an early copy to say 1000 gamers on each system (based on some criteria, maybe hours spent playing witcher 3) and just delayed it to 2021 and let the small user base find all the bugs and fixe them.

finalrpgfantasy said:

8 years of development is not enough time?  

Pre-production started in 2016. 

As of additional conference statements:

- they didn't show last gen gameplay before launch because they had believed that will make it work with last moment work/patch. They miscalculated the scale of issues.

-CEOs took entire responsibility for Console version disaster. They admitted to have been more focused on game publishing and to ignore signals from production team concerning old-gen version issues.

(Watches from the sides as I wait for the next gen versions and patches)

But seriously what do some people expect when playing this on base Xbox one/PS4? It’s worse then I thought but no way would it come close to the PC version. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

But how can this be, CD Projekt are. Such. Perfect. Developers.

They should have prioritized the PC release and just left PS4, XB1, Stadia, etc. out of the picture. It was never going to run well on a base model PS4 or XB1 without delays into 2021. PC gamers should have been able to get this game in August, and console gamers should have been made to wait.

Shameful, and this was the only versions we would get in their plains as it was supposed to launch before 9th gen arrived.

sales2099 said:

(Watches from the sides as I wait for the next gen versions and patches)

But seriously what do some people expect when playing this on base Xbox one/PS4? It’s worse then I thought but no way would it come close to the PC version. 

It's one of the great advantages of consoles that you don't have to worry about "Will I be able to run it?" so if a game is available for PS4, it should run well on a base PS4.

Signature goes here!

Random_Matt said:

Can we ban users for defending such shit?

you want to ban people for having a different opinion than you?

Lmao, No.