By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Apologizes For Hiding Base Console Performance- Offers Refunds

Will you be asking for a refund?

Yes 14 35.00%

No 26 65.00%

Total:40
DonFerrari said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

There was a PC gaming magazine that reviewed again some games after some time, to see if buggy ones bettered, if enhanced, expanded special and GOTY editions were considerably better and also if very good, and particularly very hyped at launch ones had stood the test of time. IIRC it was the glorious PCZone, very funny to read, but very serious in its job, only excellent games received more than 90% rating, and they had no problems rating very bad games less than 20% (that made the game also win the special "pants" award).

That is very commendable imho. But do you agree there are far to little games and reviewing outlets that would do it to make sense having another entry on a metacritic type of portal?

Agree, even if we found ten other paper or online magazines doing the same, they would still be too few fot that.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

It's was as expected. Witcher 3 was buggy af at launch and now it's pretty good. Based on the scale of the game, it was very obvious the base console would be too weak to handle it. Should have been just next gen and pc,

Anyone think that with half the budget (developing for PC only), quarter of the attention from gaming sites, less than half the hype, Cyberpunk would have had anywhere near the pre-orders for PC that it had now?

With half the budget, the scale and details would be halved as well, less hype again. Although it would probably be running a lot better with half the detail and less fancy rendering tech. TW2 scale. (which was also not optimized with some disappointing control issues)

What it looks like is that CDPR took the full budget and concentrated on the PC version only, trying to port it down to consoles at the very end to find out they couldn't complete it in time.

Only on next-gen was an option, but they would have had to postpone to 2022 to get enough of an install base to justify the cost. Which would have been the best solution anyway, considering how unfinished the game is. The game should have stayed in the oven until March 2022.

Investors meeting pt2? lol

I seriously hope the shareholders bail, because fuck'em 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

SvennoJ said:

Anyone think that with half the budget (developing for PC only), quarter of the attention from gaming sites, less than half the hype, Cyberpunk would have had anywhere near the pre-orders for PC that it had now?

With half the budget, the scale and details would be halved as well, less hype again. Although it would probably be running a lot better with half the detail and less fancy rendering tech. TW2 scale. (which was also not optimized with some disappointing control issues)

What it looks like is that CDPR took the full budget and concentrated on the PC version only, trying to port it down to consoles at the very end to find out they couldn't complete it in time.

Only on next-gen was an option, but they would have had to postpone to 2022 to get enough of an install base to justify the cost. Which would have been the best solution anyway, considering how unfinished the game is. The game should have stayed in the oven until March 2022.

Going by the braindead AI, the fact that LoD means nothing to this game (seriously seeing everything draw in the distance right before my eyes via walking or by bike), it looks more like the budget was used for marketing, Keanu, and I guess managers pay, because there's a lot of content that was cut from the game that isn't found anywhere in the current build.

This game is literally just you looting stuff and shooting bullet sponges. It's like a poor man's Borderlands at this point, and it runs bad for nearly everyone. The game definitely feels like it was designed purely around RT, because SSR works like crap and has this horrible grainy effect, and no setting changes it, so when you turn it off, everything looks like illuminated chrome. There's just no winning.

What they should have done was just kept their mouths shut and stuck to "when it's ready", and stop the ongoing marketing until close to 6 months for release (like the old days of game marketing). They should have just made it for PC/current gen systems, instead of last gen systems, last gen refreshers, PC, Current gen etc, because that was already too many variables to account for. 

I'm actually miffed atm, because I've reached a point in the game where it's clearly trying to tell me to back out of a part of town, by making everyone magically higher health and higher dmg, and any weapons/gear I loot of them I cannot use until I'm lv 28 (currently lv 13), so, I guess the game is now telling me I can't actually roam about and do what I want now?.

It's clearly still pretending to be an RPG, but CDPR claims it's an action game, yet the game is literally dictating what I can/cannot do now, and it's still following RPG guidelines...what a fucking joke.

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 December 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

Every person should definitely be upset with them for this. But this is nowhere near as bad as Boeing killing over 300 people for creating a defective airplane that should have never been created and being quiet about it for years. No one was even arrested for this.

JFC

i love this hahaha!

that pic on page 1 how can i do the attach thingy? haha!

cd projekt red is on an all time low they be hanging out with another bad child BIOWARE

Last edited by LivncA_Dis3 - on 19 December 2020

Soonerman said:

Every person should definitely be upset with them for this. But this is nowhere near as bad as Boeing killing over 300 people for creating a defective airplane that should have never been created and being quiet about it for years. No one was even arrested for this.

Investigation is certainly still going on, most serious aircraft accidents have investigations going for decade. Also certification process for aircraft is quite more robust than for any other product. Just go and look how many recalls for car, accidents and deaths compared to aviation.

But yes if the investigation shows negligence and corruption I do hope people go to jail for it. And regarding market valuation backlash Boeing got it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:

Read this and decide if you want to feel bad for 'everybody' there
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/j87tuk/jason_schreier_i_asked_a_couple_of_cdpr_devs_if/g8bxk68/
There seem to be some deep running issues in the company

A. That supposed CD Projekt dev was never vetted by Reddit mods and deleted his Reddit account after posting that, makes me doubtful it is accurate, especially since several other grunt tier employees went on record defending the CD Projekt leadership and claimed that they were crunching voluntarily with paid overtime. 

B. Jason Schreier used to be one of the most trusted journalists in the industry, but he has been caught lying too many times the last few years for me to believe him at face value any more. He seems to have a crusade going against all AAA devs these days, be it Naughty Dog, 343, or CD Projekt, over crunch issues that don't really seem out of the norm for the AAA industry. It's a demanding industry, everybody knows that, and they know it when they apply for these AAA jobs. Some can't handle it and end switch to development at smaller, less crunch prone studios, some can and do handle it. Is crunch right? Maybe not, but it is necessary to get these AAA games out on a regular schedule, especially since AAA games just keep getting bigger and bigger. Cyberpunk took 5+ years to develop as is, and still wasn't all the way finished on release, imagine how long it would have took without any crunch. We could have been waiting until like 2022 for it, 7 years after Witcher 3.

You are going to need to site your sources on that Jason Schreier crap.  I don't know a single gaming journalist more trusted then him.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)