By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Apologizes For Hiding Base Console Performance- Offers Refunds

Will you be asking for a refund?

Yes 14 35.00%

No 26 65.00%

Total:40
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not terribly surprising to see Sony react that way, they hate refunds with a passion.

Do you know this was agreed by CDPR? One could say one isn't terribly surprised with your comment.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 18 December 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not terribly surprising to see Sony react that way, they hate refunds with a passion.

Do you know this was agreed by CDPR? One could say one isn't terribly surprised with your comment.

Why do I care if CDPR agreed? 

And of course it isn’t surprising, their stance on refunds is well known.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't care because it was a chance to take a jab at Sony, and of course it isn't surprising since that is what you do. Cool that I was able to say the same thing you are saying and being more precise than you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Of course it's all lies according to some, but I can't imagine the developers being happy with management

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/cyberpunk-game-maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

Many industry observers have wondered why Cyberpunk 2077, which was first announced in 2012 and was delayed three times in 2020, still appears to be unfinished. Several current and former staff who worked on Cyberpunk 2077 have all said the same thing: The game’s deadlines, set by the board of directors, were always unrealistic. It was clear to many of the developers that they needed more time.

I wonder how this will play out. There's nothing holding the really talented people back from switching to a different studio. It happened after TW3, those with options will seek a better work environment. It's a shame, driving both your customers and talent away for short term gain. Very short term in this case.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

You don't care because it was a chance to take a jab at Sony, and of course it isn't surprising since that is what you do. Cool that I was able to say the same thing you are saying and being more precise than you.

That wasn’t a jab, but carry on, soldier.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Of course it's all lies according to some, but I can't imagine the developers being happy with management

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/cyberpunk-game-maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

Many industry observers have wondered why Cyberpunk 2077, which was first announced in 2012 and was delayed three times in 2020, still appears to be unfinished. Several current and former staff who worked on Cyberpunk 2077 have all said the same thing: The game’s deadlines, set by the board of directors, were always unrealistic. It was clear to many of the developers that they needed more time.

I wonder how this will play out. There's nothing holding the really talented people back from switching to a different studio. It happened after TW3, those with options will seek a better work environment. It's a shame, driving both your customers and talent away for short term gain. Very short term in this case.

In a real and just world, those board of directors should all be fired, with no severance packages, and a bad rep to their resume, because holy shit was this a colossal fuckup of epic proportions. A lot of money and nearly a decade sunk into this, and most of it fucked up because a few rich snobs, completely out of touch with their own dev team, decided to just cut corners with a multi million dollar project, and rush it out the door, expecting nothing bad to happen.

Like I've gotta ask myself, why are people so god damn fucking stupid, like this level of studio, where they think it's okay to cut corners with an already expensive project, and expect nothing bad to ever come of cutting said corners and hiding release footage until consumers get the product in their hands.

Companies need a new law, a psyche test for what is okay vs what actually, realistically and objectively isn't okay, no matter how sound one thinks the plan is.

I'm ngl, I very much have a seething level of hate for shareholders, but with how this has been progressing, I'm starting to hate certain publisher managers, let alone CEO's, but I actually do want the BoD at CDPR utterly fired and kicked out, for how much of a mess this is turning out to be. Like fire them asap, get them the fuck out of their offices and tell them to fuck right on.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, probably best they just become a exclusive PC developer.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

So your hostile claims regarding Sony return policy and not being surprised they delisted a game (which seems like a first time ever) weren't jabs? Ok. I wonder what it was then. A compliment?

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So your hostile claims regarding Sony return policy and not being surprised they delisted a game (which seems like a first time ever) weren't jabs? Ok. I wonder what it was then. A compliment?

“Hostile” lol. Yikes. Stop being so dramatic.

And no, I don’t think that commenting on Sony’s well known and well documented anti-refund policies counts as a jab. I think every company around has multiple “free space” areas you can comment on and it’s just such a given and such common sense, it doesn’t really count as a jab. For example, you could make a comment about MS and no next gen games. I wouldn’t get all dramatic about it because who cares? It’s MS and they have no XSX games. Or if you made a comment about their policy requiring Gold for F2P titles. Is that a jab, or commentary on reality? I don’t think that’s a jab. 

You’re welcome to interpret it however you want, but I’m done talking about it :)

Also, I see CDPR is now talking about retail refunds. Insanity. Is this some new level of outrage culture? It’s a game with some bugs at launch. Holy crap.