By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Perfect Dark Returns!

Tagged games:

Did you enjoy then new Trailer?

Loved it! 30 60.00%

Its okay.. 13 26.00%

Hated it 7 14.00%

Total:50

Excited to see gameplay, but I didn't like that trailer. Whatever that zooming camera trick is didn't appeal to me. Seemed overly innovative when I would have preferred a traditional trailer.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

This is coming from a reliable Xbox insider:

- 3rd Person stealth action game in a Cyberpunk setting, core is on stealth.
- Rand heard it is based on seasonal content, not sure what it means but knows ''Episodic'' doesn't fit what they are doing
- Not a cinematic game, don't expect a Uncharted/TLOU like project
- Jez says that the ''AAAA'' stuff created wrong expectations, studio is meant to be small and nimble(I don't know what this means), not trying to do a ''GOW Killer'' or whatever.
- He says that they are going to do experimental formulas, they are going to be more similar to Remedy rather than Naughty Dog or other bigger studios.
- Rand says that the episodic stuff falls more in line with the Black Mirror comparison(From Xbox ERA), independent ''episodes'' connected in the overall scheme of things.
- Expect to hear about it soon, maybe TGA.

Sounds promising aside from the "seasonal" content. That's open to interpretation though.

I would suggest not putting too much faith into these insiders considering how hard they were pushing it being a TPS. The episodic "seasonal" stuff turned out to be more of a prediction than insider knowledge. The term AAAA is extremely misleading and I hate it was even used for this. 

Cool trailer and I'm happy it was announced, but it's hard to get hyped until I see more or at least know a release date.

Never played a perfect dark game before and the trailer didnt show any gameplay so it is very hard to get excited but I will keep an eye. Maybe this game convince me to get a xbox down the road.

Why do people continue to insist on using the "AAAA" thing?

Around the Network

Just a CGI trailer but it is exciting to see Perfect Dark returning, with Joanna at that! Is it the first Rare IP to get a 3rd entry?

This and Returnal were the highlights of TGA for me.

Perfect Dark was one of the best FPS games I've played next to Golden Eye and Half Life. The trailer doesn't give hope or disappoint since it's just an announcement. The Initiative have their work cut out. I certainly don't envy them. If it comes anywhere near close to the original, it will be a great achievement.

I'm going they don't go too realistic, keep in the gadgets and aliens. This has the potential to be amazing.

Dug the trailer, but "episodic" means it will be Gamepass only until there is a proper release for me. Can we just get a AAA campaign upfront please? Multiplayer and additional missions in a "seasonal" format would be okay.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:

Dug the trailer, but "episodic" means it will be Gamepass only until there is a proper release for me. Can we just get a AAA campaign upfront please? Multiplayer and additional missions in a "seasonal" format would be okay.

Isn’t “episodic” from the same insiders that have been wrong about PD numerous times? Or did I miss an official statement? I won’t believe anything about this game from leakers anymore lol 

PotentHerbs said:

- Rand heard it is based on seasonal content, not sure what it means but knows ''Episodic'' doesn't fit what they are doing
- Jez says that the ''AAAA'' stuff created wrong expectations, studio is meant to be small and nimble(I don't know what this means), not trying to do a ''GOW Killer'' or whatever.
- He says that they are going to do experimental formulas, they are going to be more similar to Remedy rather than Naughty Dog or other bigger studios.
- Rand says that the episodic stuff falls more in line with the Black Mirror comparison(From Xbox ERA), independent ''episodes'' connected in the overall scheme of things.

Sounds promising aside from the "seasonal" content. That's open to interpretation though.

As long as its none of the things you mentioned is good news to me. (Except the 3rd person part, i can live with that)

smroadkill15 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I would suggest not putting too much faith into these insiders considering how hard they were pushing it being a TPS. The episodic "seasonal" stuff turned out to be more of a prediction than insider knowledge. The term AAAA is extremely misleading and I hate it was even used for this. 

The AAAA was mentioned awhile ago however we all know its BS. It was used here to remind people that this game was the project, weather its AA, AAA or AAAA.