By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Perfect Dark Returns!

Tagged games:

 

Did you enjoy then new Trailer?

Loved it! 30 60.00%
 
Its okay.. 13 26.00%
 
Hated it 7 14.00%
 
Total:50
Nogamez said:

The last PD game was painfully average at best.

So does that mean this one will as well even though they share practicely nothing in common? What was the point of this post?



Around the Network

I'll wait and remain very skeptical, Rare haven't really made a great game in two decades or so. Their last properly good game was Perfect Dark on the N64. The trailer tells me nothing either, but I'll keep my eyes on this project and I always enjoy a positive surprise!



Mummelmann said:

I'll wait and remain very skeptical, Rare haven't really made a great game in two decades or so. Their last properly good game was Perfect Dark on the N64. The trailer tells me nothing either, but I'll keep my eyes on this project and I always enjoy a positive surprise!

This new PD isn't made by Rare though but by The Initiative which has a lot of talented veterans.

Could end up being really interesting.



Hopefully they release it as a full game and not take the Killer Instinct approach



 

 

One of the few franchises that I was sad to see going to MS.

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

One of the few franchises that I was sad to see going to MS.

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.



CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

One of the few franchises that I was sad to see going to MS.

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.

The game is first person. 



Nogamez said:

The last PD game was painfully average at best.

We don’t talk about Perfect Dark 0 haha. 

N64 game should be where they are basing the game on: Slow paced, stealth, gadgets for infiltration. Mysterious story with twists that unfolds as game progresses. Mixed with small scale firefights with unique weaponry. The iconic Laptop gun comes to mind. They would be fools not to include that. 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

smroadkill15 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.

The game is first person. 

But I thought The Initiative said it was gonna be primarily a third person game that emphasizes stealth?



CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

One of the few franchises that I was sad to see going to MS.

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.

They can still keep the spirit of the franchise alive, making the levels objective based, being really sci fi with aliens and stuff. Alot of spy stuff, etc.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1