By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Perfect Dark Returns!

Tagged games:

Did you enjoy then new Trailer?

Loved it! 30 60.00%

Its okay.. 13 26.00%

Hated it 7 14.00%

Total:50
Mummelmann said:

I'll wait and remain very skeptical, Rare haven't really made a great game in two decades or so. Their last properly good game was Perfect Dark on the N64. The trailer tells me nothing either, but I'll keep my eyes on this project and I always enjoy a positive surprise!

This new PD isn't made by Rare though but by The Initiative which has a lot of talented veterans.

Could end up being really interesting.

Around the Network

Hopefully they release it as a full game and not take the Killer Instinct approach

One of the few franchises that I was sad to see going to MS.

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

I am really excited to see what this turns out to be. Hopefully MS can do it justice.

Honestly, the easiest( and the path they should take) path should be to mirror the first game vision and design.

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.

The game is first person. 

Nogamez said:

The last PD game was painfully average at best.

We don’t talk about Perfect Dark 0 haha. 

N64 game should be where they are basing the game on: Slow paced, stealth, gadgets for infiltration. Mysterious story with twists that unfolds as game progresses. Mixed with small scale firefights with unique weaponry. The iconic Laptop gun comes to mind. They would be fools not to include that. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

But how can they do that if the gameplay has been switched to third person?

xMetroid said:

Finally Microsoft understands. I don't get how they were going into a gamepass future without thinking of first party titles. That will be mandatory, and i'm glad they are doing so. Feel like a Banjo game might be in development now that they let it be in Smash and that they are reviving franchises players want.

I doubt we'd get that lucky.

They can still keep the spirit of the franchise alive, making the levels objective based, being really sci fi with aliens and stuff. Alot of spy stuff, etc.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

smroadkill15 said:
Nogamez said:

So does that mean this one will as well even though they share practicely nothing in common? What was the point of this post?

No of course not, but it means i was very hyped for PD0, it was mediocre, therefore its hard for me to get hyped esp with a bullshit trailer like that haha. Also all this AAAA nonsense makes me think we going to get a destiny/watchdog situation.

Nogamez said:

We don't talk about the last PD game (Closes door)

Just kidding, it wasn't the best game, looked great but that's about it. Rare dropped the ball with it, it was a far cry from its N64 game. Its what makes it exciting knowing the IP is in the hands of industry veterans rather than Rare themselves. It needs good treatment and i believe it will. The developers clearly chose this IP for a reason. Fingers crossed they see the potential with its universe.

Nogamez said:

So was God of War Ascension, but look how God of War 4 turned out.

Bottom line is this, Perfect Dark coming back is pure nostalgia for anyone who played the first.  For younger gamers, this is essentially a new IP since this seems like it could be a reboot.  That said, all the people complaining about the new studio not getting a new IP put of the gate just seems like downplay to me.  This is literally a win for everyone involved, provided it is a good game.

At the end of the day, it will be the gameplay that sells it when it is shown off.  Many people were skeptical of God of War 4 when it was announced, because God of War had gotten stale and people felt it was done.  But we were wrong about that, and we got a fantastic revamped game that put life back into the IP.

Perfect Dark is a much older IP, but I expect the same thing to happen here.  There is a lot of potential and I don't see how anyone can try to downplay it without just hating for the sake of hating.  People are excited about the potential that we have here, and to see what this new studio can do.

So in short, what happened with the last PD game from a different studio is 100% irrelevant to what people are actually excited about.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CaptainExplosion said:
smroadkill15 said:

The game is first person. 

But I thought The Initiative said it was gonna be primarily a third person game that emphasizes stealth?

Perfect Dark | Xbox