By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think PlayStation 5 sales will be as good as Nintendo Switch sales?

src said:
Eagle367 said:

Or maybe they just wanted to have a laugh about sony fanboys making wild predictions that are not rooted in reality and make no sense like our pal src here. I mean no one would've been talking this much if src posts weren't here

There is nothing more delusional than a Nintendo fanboy.

Farsala said:

What is the regional breakdown for 80-90m?

src said:

Sony have 3 out the 5 best selling consoles of all time, the best selling console of all time and PS4 is going to hit 120m+, something the Switch can only dream of.

PS5 will sell a number that Nintendo wishes SW2 can achieve.

What will Switch final sales be and please give regional breakdown.

Switch will outsell the PS2 at 162m? Please give me a regional breakdown.

Slownenberg said:

I think the PS5 will end up right around PS4 due to it having a lot more competition. But I don't think it has any chance at Switch. PS4 ~125 million, PS5 115-130 million, Switch 140-145 million.

Switch will sell 140-145m? Please give me a regional breakdown.

Some crazy predictions in here for sure, I had to quote the MVPs for clarification.

105-110 million

18 -> 12 -> 6 (successor launched) > 1-2

Is that 18M 2021, 12M 2022, 6M 2023 w/successor?

What about the holiday quarter 2020? 

If using VGC, we're at 69.3M with W47-W52 to go (Black Friday W48, CM W49, Christmas W52).

If using Nintendo's figures, we're at 68M with entire holiday quarter to go.  

Either way, even your rapid decline breakdown is missing holiday 2020 impact of ~10-15M of sales, so your own range by your own logic should be 115-125M.  

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
src said:

Farsala said:

Slownenberg said:

I think the PS5 will end up right around PS4 due to it having a lot more competition. But I don't think it has any chance at Switch. PS4 ~125 million, PS5 115-130 million, Switch 140-145 million.

Some crazy predictions in here for sure, I had to quote the MVPs for clarification.

105-110 million

So you're predicting about 2m Switch sold until the end of this year?

I just think a new VGChartz meme is born, this one is as good as globally in the US.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

src said:

105-110 million

Sure thing. This year Switch surpass 82 million copies, but January's 1st the Switch finally find its cliff fail to sell more than 23 million in the next 3 years 

src said:
Eagle367 said:

Or maybe they just wanted to have a laugh about sony fanboys making wild predictions that are not rooted in reality and make no sense like our pal src here. I mean no one would've been talking this much if src posts weren't here

Farsala said:

src said:

Sony have 3 out the 5 best selling consoles of all time, the best selling console of all time and PS4 is going to hit 120m+, something the Switch can only dream of.

Slownenberg said:

105-110 million

The only thing delusional in this thread is the idea that the Switch will see the decline you are hoping for in your prediction.

The cliff didn't exist back then, it certainly doesn't exist now.  Switch is in a position to have another killer year, and falling short of 2020 won't be due to general sales decline but rather how massive 2020 was for Nintendo.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

src said:
Eagle367 said:

Farsala said:

src said:

Slownenberg said:

105-110 million

Just read the bolded parts guys:

There is nothing more delusional

105-110 million

Hahaha this is so funny like it's in the same post. Your weird assumption states ninty only sell 2 million at best (and refund 3 million at worst?) or so switches this entire holiday when the week of ps5 and xsex launch, it sold 722,000. You are about to be proven wrong in at most 3 weeks, if not sooner.

And then magically, the switch goes from one of the best years of any console's history to a little bit more than half of that?

I mean even if you wanna make a bad prediction, it's gonna be:

80mil by this year's end. Then 21mil -> 15mil -> 12mil(successor launched) - > 7mil so that's 135mil right there. It's ahead of the ps4 by a holiday already. So people saying 130-140 are being very reasonable. Depending on 2021, it very well could be in the discussion of the best selling console and at worst, it's gonna be the 3rd best behind DS and PS2. even with your worst worst predictions, it's gonna be at least 118mil.

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 28 November 2020

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
src said:
Eagle367 said:

Farsala said:

src said:

Slownenberg said:

105-110 million

I love the irony in this post! You accuse others of being delusional fanboys then make that prediction! Hahahahaha! Congratulations, you have made yourself the new Quickrick around these parts. Myself (and i suspect many others) will be saving this post of yours for future mirth when we laugh at you about it in the (probably not too distant) future XD XD

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

src said:
Eagle367 said:

Farsala said:

src said:

Slownenberg said:

105-110 million

I was talking about Regions like NA,EU, JP, Rest of world.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Farsala said:

How did PS2 sell 162m?  Please give me a regional breakdown.

I can't be bothered to explain that again, so let's go with 158m.

1PlayStation 2 (PS2)

I really want to know how the Switch sells that much and what regions. Please give me a regional breakdown.

I don't see Xbox Series X|S as actually providing much competition to the PS5. And I'm not trying to take a stance of fanboyism, I just don't see it doing as well outside of North America and the UK.

So I do think the PS5 will hit 130 million sold before it's all said and done. Switch and PS5 will be complimentary platforms for each other. Both pushing hardware to new heights, as typical.

Tridrakious said:

I don't see Xbox Series X|S as actually providing much competition to the PS5. And I'm not trying to take a stance of fanboyism, I just don't see it doing as well outside of North America and the UK.

So I do think the PS5 will hit 130 million sold before it's all said and done. Switch and PS5 will be complimentary platforms for each other. Both pushing hardware to new heights, as typical.

The question isn't so much if the Series X/S will put up so much competition to be neck to neck with PS5. The question is: can Series X/S put up more competition than Xbox One did to PS4? And I think that may well be the case.

Also you have to consider that PC+Gamepass and Streaming are also competition to the PS5. I think Sony may struggle to reach PS4 numbers withj the new system. Sure, they can surprise me, but currently I think this gen will not going as smoothly for Sony as the PS4 gen.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

src said:

Farsala said:
src said:

105-110 million

So I see we've circled all the way back to the old 2017 meme, "The Switch Will Fall Off A Cliff". First it was 2018, then 2019, then 2020, now apparently 2021 is when we reach the fabled precipice spoken of in the ancient scrolls.

Let's take the higher end of your forecast; 110 million, then subtract the years; - 2 = 108, -6 = 102, -12 = 90, -18 = 72. So even for that to happen Switch would have to sell just 2-3 million more these holidays, which is an ridiculous lowball.

And for the lower end of your forecast to hold true, 105 million, Switch would actually have to go backwards and reduce in sales by 2 million between now and January. How's that gonna work, exactly?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 November 2020