By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think PlayStation 5 sales will be as good as Nintendo Switch sales?

src said:

Sony have 3 out the 5 best selling consoles of all time, the best selling console of all time and PS4 is going to hit 120m+, something the Switch can only dream of.

PS5 will sell a number that Nintendo wishes SW2 can achieve.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You hilarious. I wish i had your crystal ball to predict sales of a console that's still in conception stage, let alone announced!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
src said:

Sony have 3 out the 5 best selling consoles of all time, the best selling console of all time and PS4 is going to hit 120m+, something the Switch can only dream of.

High chance of this being a heavily quoted post in let's say three years or so from now.

I have a fair few Switch sales quotes bookmarked at this point, some of which are already hilarious. People insist on downplaying and underestimating it, whether intentionally or not.

I have src's post logged among them.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 November 2020

I have a hunch that the OP didn't actually want to have a discussion on this topic and just wanted to see people agree that Nintendo is better...

On topic: I see both platforms doing exceptionally well. Both should finish around 130 million units sold.

Tridrakious said:

I have a hunch that the OP didn't actually want to have a discussion on this topic and just wanted to see people agree that Nintendo is better...

On topic: I see both platforms doing exceptionally well. Both should finish around 130 million units sold.

Or maybe they just wanted to have a laugh about sony fanboys making wild predictions that are not rooted in reality and make no sense like our pal src here. I mean no one would've been talking this much if src posts weren't here

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 29 November 2020

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Sogreblute said:

No. I think it will only reach 80 -90 mil lifetime.

What is the regional breakdown for 80-90m?

src said:

What will Switch final sales be and please give regional breakdown.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

No, I doubt PS5 will sell as much as PS1.  Meanwhile Switch will become the best selling system yet.

Switch will outsell the PS2 at 162m? Please give me a regional breakdown.

Slownenberg said:

I think the PS5 will end up right around PS4 due to it having a lot more competition. But I don't think it has any chance at Switch. PS4 ~125 million, PS5 115-130 million, Switch 140-145 million.

Switch will sell 140-145m? Please give me a regional breakdown.

Eagle367 said:
Tridrakious said:

Or maybe they just wanted to have a laugh about sony fanboys making wild predictions that are not rooted in reality and make no sense like our pal src here. I mean no one would've been talking this much if src posts weren't here

Some crazy predictions in here for sure, I had to quote the MVPs for clarification.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Tridrakious said:

There is nothing more delusional than a Nintendo fanboy.

Farsala said:
Sogreblute said:

No. I think it will only reach 80 -90 mil lifetime.

src said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

No, I doubt PS5 will sell as much as PS1.  Meanwhile Switch will become the best selling system yet.

Slownenberg said:

I think the PS5 will end up right around PS4 due to it having a lot more competition. But I don't think it has any chance at Switch. PS4 ~125 million, PS5 115-130 million, Switch 140-145 million.

Eagle367 said:

Some crazy predictions in here for sure, I had to quote the MVPs for clarification.

105-110 million

18 -> 12 -> 6 (successor launched) > 1-2

src said:
Eagle367 said:

I had for a long time a bet in my sig with not one but two guys who claimed, PS3 would catch Wii lifetime. And they didn't take the bet early in the generation, we made the bet around the launch of the PS4. Probably there are delusional people in all fandoms, but it really is hard to beat that level of delusion.

Then we had this guy here, who claimed Switch would magically stop selling somehow, fall off a cliff so to speak.

src said:

105-110 million

Oh, I see you also are a fan of cliff theories. LOL. And claiming Nintendo fandom is the most delusional. I see you are a joker.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Farsala said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

How did PS2 sell 162m?  Please give me a regional breakdown.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Farsala said:

How did PS2 sell 162m?  Please give me a regional breakdown.

I don't just see Switch becoming the best-selling system yet, but at least you don't claim Switch will end up with 105-110M.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

src said:
Eagle367 said:

Farsala said:

src said:

Slownenberg said:

105-110 million

So you're predicting about 2m Switch sold until the end of this year?

Signature goes here!