By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity UPDATE: 3.5M in the first quarter

Tagged games:

Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Bold: If you haven't seen the time travel part, not really though. 

'

Spoiler!
The game told us the previous event which happened 100 years ago but with different outcome thank to time travel. We won in AOC but we lost the war in the original BOTW, that mean they are alternative timelines: one is victory, one is lost. BOTW 2 is the direct sequel of BOTW, while this game still showed us all the events of the previous war, so it is a prequel with an alternative result to me.

I've been discussing time travel myself.

Spoiler!

The major spoiler is the ending. Anyone with a bring can figure out that if BotW had a bad ending, that means this has a good one. That's major spoilers. And anything that requires time travel to happen is a sequel to me because you can't have the events happen without someone from the future coming to help you. If it had no time travel and a different ending, that'd be a true alternative prequel. Time travel hence sequel/spinoff for me.

Bold: That already mean 

Spoiler!

the story changed in the past thank to the interference of the future, but it still happened in the past with different result. BOTW 2 is the true sequel of BOTW, AOC is more like what if/alternative route in the past hence i call it a new timeline/alternative prequel of BOTW. The original prequel story is about you lost the war, this story is about you win the war.

You want an alternative sequel, look at Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalyse, it continued the plot at the middle story of SMTIV and then suddenly changed the later event, brought a different outcome in SMTIV A.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Eagle367 said:

I've been discussing time travel myself.

Spoiler!

The major spoiler is the ending. Anyone with a bring can figure out that if BotW had a bad ending, that means this has a good one. That's major spoilers. And anything that requires time travel to happen is a sequel to me because you can't have the events happen without someone from the future coming to help you. If it had no time travel and a different ending, that'd be a true alternative prequel. Time travel hence sequel/spinoff for me.

Spoiler!

the story changed in the past thank to the interference of the future, but it still happened in the past with different result. BOTW 2 is the true sequel of BOTW, AOC is more like what if/alternative route in the past hence i call it a new timeline/alternative prequel of BOTW. The original prequel story is about you lost the war, this story is about you win the war.

You want an alternative sequel, look at Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalyse, it continued the plot at the middle story of SMTIV and then suddenly changed the later event, brought a different outcome in SMTIV A.

That's your perspective. Mine is a sequel spin off when time travel is involved. Doesn't really matter either way since it's not the actual prequel

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Spoiler!

That's your perspective. Mine is a sequel spin off when time travel is involved. Doesn't really matter either way since it's not the actual prequel

Agree to disagree, then.

So... Looks like it was indeed overshipped at first. 0.5 mil for the rest of the holiday is pretty low considering the initial shipment.

That should still make it Koei Tecmo's best selling game though, so it's a pretty big succes regardless.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Had they not told us the initial shipment, I do think this would seem more impressive, as it's still the best selling musou game ever and did pretty well overall. It should pass 5m with ease, although sales could drop off quickly with a game like this so it's hard to say how far past that it'll go.

Around the Network

Pardon my ignorance but does "shipped" include any digital sales?

Dulfite said:

Pardon my ignorance but does "shipped" include any digital sales?

In general, yes, unless specified that they're only talking about physical sales.

Now this is what I call a severe case of overshipping

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Why overshipping?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Why overshipping?

Maybe I'm understanding wrongly but didn't they ship like 3 million in 4 days and then only 0.5 million more after those few days and until the quarter ended?