By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity UPDATE: 3.5M in the first quarter

Tagged games:

Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Tell them this game isn't a mainline Zelda, just a small prequel of BoTW.

Well technically more a sequel than pure prequel. Source: I finished the story and consider time travel to be more sequel than prequel.

An alternative prequel to me.

Around the Network

Well done, congratulations. Expected since the userbase improved several folds from WiiU and the series was well received there already;

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TruckOSaurus said:
brute said:

If true you just ruined it for us that havent played it.

A spoiler tag should be used for stuff like this.

The time travel occurs in the introduction cutscene though. Not sure how much of a spoiler that is.

Exactly! I didn't think much of it because of that reason.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

HoangNhatAnh said:
Eagle367 said:

Well technically more a sequel than pure prequel. Source: I finished the story and consider time travel to be more sequel than prequel.

The majority of endgame occurs in the past. Would you call that an alternative prequel? As soon as time travel comes into play like with the little guardian, then it requires the future to happen, hence a sequel to me.

Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Tell them this game isn't a mainline Zelda, just a small prequel of BoTW.

Spoiler!

This doesn't quite seem like a spoiler, but I'm going to edit it anyway. Always err on the side of caution, especially with a brand new game.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

The majority of endgame occurs in the past. Would you call that an alternative prequel? As soon as time travel comes into play like with the little guardian, then it requires the future to happen, hence a sequel to me.

Bold: just like when the timeline was split into:

1.Hero is success

2.Hero is defeated

Yeah, this is like that, hence i said "alternative".

HoangNhatAnh said:
Eagle367 said:

1.Hero is success

2.Hero is defeated

Dude that's some major spoilers. Plus as I said, time travel makes it a sequel.

Eagle367 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

1.Hero is success

2.Hero is defeated

Bold: If you haven't seen the time travel part, not really though. 

'

Spoiler!
The game told us the previous event which happened 100 years ago but with different outcome thank to time travel. We won in AOC but we lost the war in the original BOTW, that mean they are alternative timelines: one is victory, one is lost. BOTW 2 is the direct sequel of BOTW, while this game still showed us all the events of the previous war, so it is a prequel with an alternative result to me.

Just finished it. Loved it. Storytelling is better than any Zelda game by a country mile. Visually this is one of the best looking games on the system. Shame it does not run better. Later maps can be confusing to navigate. Best Warriors game I finished yet. Even tho it's not, the areas feel very open. The gameplay blends so well with the BOTW aesthetic. Even tho at its core it's a Warriors game. It does not feel like they just took any DW game and reskinned it as the first game did. Now just working my way to unlock the first HW green tunic. I feel like AOC and Person 5 Scramble went well above and beyond past warriors games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

HoangNhatAnh said:
Eagle367 said:

Bold: If you haven't seen the time travel part, not really though. 

'

Spoiler!
The game told us the previous event which happened 100 years ago but with different outcome thank to time travel. We won in AOC but we lost the war in the original BOTW, that mean they are alternative timelines: one is victory, one is lost. BOTW 2 is the direct sequel of BOTW, while this game still showed us all the events of the previous war, so it is a prequel with an alternative result to me.

I've been discussing time travel myself.

Spoiler!

The major spoiler is the ending. Anyone with a bring can figure out that if BotW had a bad ending, that means this has a good one. That's major spoilers. And anything that requires time travel to happen is a sequel to me because you can't have the events happen without someone from the future coming to help you. If it had no time travel and a different ending, that'd be a true alternative prequel. Time travel hence sequel/spinoff for me.