By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%

It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%

It's about the same as before 80 9.03%

It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%

It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%

Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%

Total:886
axumblade said:

In the sites defense, it's still a work in progress. Its working a lot better than it has been earlier today and last night. 

It's gotten much snappier even since this morning.

Around the Network

The only thing I used the front page for was the hot topics section. So i have never really looked at the other areas to make a full decision on if it is better or not. I can see why some people don't like it and some do. I think it was a step in the right direction but now needs tweaks to it based on community feedback.

noname2200 said:
axumblade said:

In the sites defense, it's still a work in progress. Its working a lot better than it has been earlier today and last night. 

Right now from what I am seeing it is just the front page that is still running slow. Talon's main focus is to get everything loading as fast as it should be then fixing bugs and anything else we've overlooked. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
noname2200 said:
axumblade said:

Right now from what I am seeing it is just the front page that is still running slow. Talon's main focus is to get everything loading as fast as it should be then fixing bugs and anything else we've overlooked. 

The front page is definitely working a lot faster for me now.

Zkuq said:
trunkswd said:
noname2200 said:
axumblade said:

The front page is definitely working a lot faster for me now.

That is good to hear. At least on my end, it isn't where we would want it to be. For me it takes 10-15 seconds to load. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Little bug with the pagination. Not sure if it's been noted yet.

It's working a lot better today than yesterday. Very fast, quick to respond today, not used to this site responding this quickly! Plus the Borat add breaking the scroll bar is gone today, much better. Otherwise, it still looks mostly the same to me, cleaner look, renders faster, feels good.

I like the new look, but it seems to revert back to the old looking you get off the beaten path.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

StuOhQ said:
I like the new look, but it seems to revert back to the old looking you get off the beaten path.

We haven't redesigned the entire site yet. The main changes were on the front page, articles area, profiles, and settings. We do have plans to update the rest of the site in the future. We just wanted to push the redesign live before the next-gen consoles, which we just barely did. 

I've noticed fast load times mucb of the time today, but still far too many super slow loads. To the OP..... I'm neutral on the look. I like it, but I think I'd like it a lot more with fewer graphics on the homepage. If that happens, it'll be a significant upgrade over the old look. Regarding functionality, because of the slow loading, I haven't really tried much out. In general though, I just read articles and participate in the forum. So, I don't expect a lot of impact on my usage of the site anyway.