By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%

It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%

It's about the same as before 80 9.03%

It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%

It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%

Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%

Total:886
Alby_da_Wolf said:
TruckOSaurus said:

[...]

IDK whether it's already been suggested, but I have a suggestion for a forum function: if you view a single post coming there from the thread, you can see it again in the thread just going back, but if you arrive to a single post in another way, e.g. from notifications or from a search engine, the only way to see that post in its thread position is to browse the whole thread, only helped by the post date to narrow the search a little, and in very long threads it can be a long process even this way, a button that does the inverse function of the View Post one could be useful.

Thanks anyway for the good and huge job you and all the staff are doing in the site!

RolStoppable said:

This past Saturday VGChartz launched a major site update. Simple question: Is it better or worse than before?

Bonus question: What's your most desired functionality that is still missing?

Already answered the first question, about the bonus one, I quote here too just above your post's quote the suggestion I just gave in the feedback and suggestion thread.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I didn't like the lag the other day, but I really like how things are more compact, how you can quickly navigate between different forum sets via smooth buttons, and the thing I'm most happy about is how the My Games section on our profiles have been redone. That is the most used feature on this site for me, as I like to keep records of all my reviews (all 150 of them or so and growing). Nice work!

Feature that I really want that's still missing is to use the scores from My Games to count as the userscores when looking up games. Instead, we have to enter a user score in addition to scoring it on mygames, which means a lot less user scores are being entered and therefore the results are skewed. It would be a lot of fun to have a realistic view of what this sites users think about major games.

Edit:

Though I just checked and here is Hades:

Community Stats

Owners: 2 (Remove)
Favorite: 0 (Add)
Tracked: 0 (Add)
Wishlist: 0
Now Playing: 0 (Add)

Avg Community Rating:

My Rating (slide to rate):

Either I'm wrong and this site does, in fact, merge those scores (which means only two people, one of which is me, have claimed to own this game on this site and that seems inaccurate), or something else is going on here.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 11 November 2020

The main screen freezes up on me after it loads.  I can scroll across, but not up and down, so I am unable to access any of the front page, except for the header advertisement.

Anyone else with this issue?

It takes longer to load and looks really messy on PC. Not a fan but I guess it'll take time getting use it.

Its way worse, almost all the page is taken up by adverts. Time to move on I think.

Around the Network

So many days in and I'm still bummed. There have been many updates in the last few years and none of them have done anything to make the front page any more attractive. And with this latest update I had thought (obviously wrongly) that someone at the top finally noticed, agreed, and had come up with a stylish template to showcase this great site. But sadly, it seems that with so many cooks in the kitchen, so many disparate ideas being tried in various parts of the site, that there doesn't seem to be one overarching designer that has a vision for how a modern, sleek website should look.It's almost painful every day to watch VGC load. The forum on the side of the page starts out broken as it loads in, and as the pieces fall into place you realize that the final resting space of those elements doesn't look that much better than the faulty load that appears when you first open the page. I get that everything that was done was done to the nuts and bolts behind the scenes, but I'm still looking forward to a time that VGC looks like a professional website and not a cobbled together student project. Just look at everything in the header. It's smooth, laid out well, soft, rounded and professional. Just about everything below that is just crammed into the page with a cacophony of images and text without a single image compelling you to look at it, and to enjoy it. It's a sad state of affairs for all of the people who work so hard to make this website work, and I'm not sure who I'm throwing shade at, but I'm not doing it maliciously. I just wish for better things for the site, and I always have.

Too much stuff flooding the homepage and weirdly organized, I also find showing the avatar of the person creating a thread pointless. Then again I check the site once in a blue moon so as long as everyday users like it should be fine... but I feel like it won't attract many new users and the ads on here are obnoxious as well

Use Adblock guys. Otherwise it's impossible to use this forum.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

KLXVER said:
Love it. My favorite feature is that now I can actually choose consoles older than the N64 to filter games in my collection. The site loads slower for me, but its not that bad.

Eh? What's this? Where is this feature to add games in your collection?

I find the new forum index worse than the old one (and dunno if it's due to my browser, but I can't even reach all the tabs - most notably not the sales tab) and it looks a bit like everything and the kitchen sink got cramped into it, but apart from that I like the design.

The other thing I'm lamenting about is that for the platform totals now every region is it's own page. Why couldn't it be done like before, without having to load a new page every time I switch the region?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 12 November 2020