By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Johnny Depp asked to resign from Fantastic Beasts series after court loss, #3 delayed

I say bring Colin Farrell Grindelwald lol

I'm sure Depp won't be returning ever again for another Pirates movie unfortunately.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
OneTime said:

Dude - if half of the things we know about how crazy Depp's private life is are true, he will be found guilty.  He would have been better off just saying: "Sorry, I was off my head on and I'll go into rehab".

When you start with "if" and "we know", it all seems just like gossip false information with 0 evidence to sustain.

Maybe. I'm the one using phrases like "if" and "based on all the crazy stuff I've read about him over the years".  

I only care so far as, given what this court just ruled, he shouldn't be getting multi-million dollar film deals.  You seem remarkably invested in him being not guilty, and coming up with various ways of blaming his girlfriend for his problems...

shikamaru317 said:
V-r0cK said:
I say bring Colin Farrell Grindelwald lol

I'm sure Depp won't be returning ever again for another Pirates movie unfortunately.

That would be a bit weird, it wouldn't really make sense. The character Colin Farrell was playing was the head of MACUSA Magical Law Enforcement who Grindelwald had killed, and Grindelwald was presumably transforming into him via the usage of polyjuice potion using hair or other genetic material he had taken from the corpse. Fantastic Beasts 3 is set many years later, there is no way he would have enough genetic material left to continue transforming into him with polyjuice potion, unless he had captured him instead instead of killing him, not to mention he would have no reason to transform into him anymore, since he had already revealed his identity and was leading his army as himself in the 2nd movie.

Better to replace Johnny with somebody who looks enough like Johnny's Grindelwald for it to not be an off-putting change.

Sadly Disney had already dropped Johnny like a year ago, and announced plans to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean instead of making the planned final movie with the return of Davey Jones, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann, that they had set up at the end of 5.

Ya I just thought Colin Farrell deserved a bigger role :P

And that's really unfortunate about the final movie of Pirates because i really wanted to know how that was going to go down.  I know Disney is strict but couldn't they just let Depp end the series off properly with one final bang. T_T

Don't worry depp, we still got sauvage.

shikamaru317 said:
V-r0cK said:

Ya I just thought Colin Farrell deserved a bigger role :P

And that's really unfortunate about the final movie of Pirates because i really wanted to know how that was going to go down.  I know Disney is strict but couldn't they just let Depp end the series off properly with one final bang. T_T

Yeah, Disney did him wrong, and now WB did him wrong. A part of me hopes it blows up in their faces with people mass boycotting both the Pirates reboot and Fantastic Beasts 3, especially if Johnny wins his lawsuit against Amber next year, but there is also a part of me that hopes that Fantastic Beasts 3 succeeds, so that we can get the planned 4th and 5th movie. As for the Pirates reboot, I really hope it does flop, reboots are usually terrible anyway, and since this reboot is only happening because Disney screwed Johnny over, I want it to flop all the more.

Agreed. I definitely want the Fantastic Beast to succeed so we can see how the rest unfolds, and for the reboot of Pirate to blow up so they can go back and finish the original lol

Around the Network

I'm a fan of Depp as an actor but I think it's best for him to leave the role. The first Fantastic Beasts was okay except for the weird Gridenwald reveal, felt like they shoehorned Depp in at the last minute. The sequel was a boring disaster. Depp did not do anything interesting with the role and the plot was non existent.

I'm not sure what other people see in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The third was horrible and I lost all faith and interest in the series after that. The reason Disney dropped Depp was because his contract made it too expensive to keep him in the movies. He would be making something in the realm of $90 million if they kept him on for the next movie, which is insane.

Also Depp took a huge risk in filing these two lawsuits. Losing either one was going to be detrimental to his already toxic career image. He and Heard had a divorce settlement and neither could spill the beans of their tumultuous relationship publicly. Heard spoke in innuendo that Johnny was abusive but he still had plausible deniability. Now the damage is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

DonFerrari said:
OneTime said:

He just lost in a multi-million dollar trial, so some part of you is in denial about something.  No, I don't believe that she is guilty - men with that much money don't put up with a little nagging unless they enjoy it for some reason.  

Have he been jailed? That is what happens when you lose criminal cases. And sure you would believe that only a man could do this.

Didnt he win the devorce suits, and the abuse suits?

What he lost, is a case against a new paper, that claims he was a abuser.
Which ruined his good name, and got him fired from alot of movies.

So rightfully (since he won the other cases), he felt justified to take the news paper to court.
He lost his court case against the news paper.

They are allowed to call people abusive (even if they won their cases, and dont retract or apologies).

Now he loses his role on another movie..... because of the PR broung up, and because JKR is already herself riddled with bad PR.
They likely decided they couldnt also have him on (maybe scared it would effect movie goers, amounts).

Still.... now that Johnny Depp is in 2 movies, and replaced in the 3rd.... a bad series like Fantastic Beasts, has lost me as a viewer.
I aint going to the movies for the 3rd one. The 2nd movie was barely passable, and the 1st kinda sucked (just a lead up type thing).
If not for my love of the Harry Potter books, I wouldnt have gone to any of these.

Signalstar said:

I'm a fan of Depp as an actor but I think it's best for him to leave the role. The first Fantastic Beasts was okay except for the weird Gridenwald reveal, felt like they shoehorned Depp in at the last minute. The sequel was a boring disaster. Depp did not do anything interesting with the role and the plot was non existent.

I'm not sure what other people see in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The third was horrible and I lost all faith and interest in the series after that. The reason Disney dropped Depp was because his contract made it too expensive to keep him in the movies. He would be making something in the realm of $90 million if they kept him on for the next movie, which is insane.

Also Depp took a huge risk in filing these two lawsuits. Losing either one was going to be detrimental to his already toxic career image. He and Heard had a divorce settlement and neither could spill the beans of their tumultuous relationship publicly. Heard spoke in innuendo that Johnny was abusive but he still had plausible deniability. Now the damage is done.

Didnt he win those? (the devorce, and the abuse cases filed, didnt amount to anything)
This is about the news paper, case he resently lost against right?

It was a case he brought up against a new paper, because they publically ruined his good name, by calling him a abuser.

What do you call that? defamation of character? or something.
Anyways he didnt win against the news papers, they can call people a abuser, even if the legal courts failed to prove that.

Johnny depp was proved innocent, in the case against him being abusive.
He didnt go to jail, wasnt fined anything ect. He was innocent.

Apparently thats not enough for a news paper, that calls a man out, before a trail is done, to face justice for the harm it did to his career.

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:

Have he been jailed? That is what happens when you lose criminal cases. And sure you would believe that only a man could do this.

Didnt he win the devorce suits, and the abuse suits?

What he lost, is a case against a new paper, that claims he was a abuser.
Which ruined his good name, and got him fired from alot of movies.

So rightfully (since he won the other cases), he felt justified to take the news paper to court.
He lost his court case against the news paper.

They are allowed to call people abusive (even if they won their cases, and dont retract or apologies).

Now he loses his role on another movie..... because of the PR broung up, and because JKR is already herself riddled with bad PR.
They likely decided they couldnt also have him on (maybe scared it would effect movie goers, amounts).

Still.... now that Johnny Depp is in 2 movies, and replaced in the 3rd.... a bad series like Fantastic Beasts, has lost me as a viewer.
I aint going to the movies for the 3rd one. The 2nd movie was barely passable, and the 1st kinda sucked (just a lead up type thing).
If not for my love of the Harry Potter books, I wouldnt have gone to any of these.

And the ffing media worldwide, even here in dutch media the topfocus keeps being that depp is an abuser mostly bundled with the worst pictures they can find of him.

Not that i can lose any respect for newsoutlets, already ran out of respect years ago.

OneTime said:
DonFerrari said:

When you start with "if" and "we know", it all seems just like gossip false information with 0 evidence to sustain.

Maybe. I'm the one using phrases like "if" and "based on all the crazy stuff I've read about him over the years".  

I only care so far as, given what this court just ruled, he shouldn't be getting multi-million dollar film deals.  You seem remarkably invested in him being not guilty, and coming up with various ways of blaming his girlfriend for his problems...

I'm remarkably invested in inoccent until proved otherwise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."