By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Johnny Depp asked to resign from Fantastic Beasts series after court loss, #3 delayed

OneTime said:
DonFerrari said:

So are you calling me and anyone that want proof insane? Plus going that well even if she done he is worse because he is a man? Congrats. Must be because of this type of thinking that courtroom and judicial system needs to give so much leeway to potential criminals, because if left for you to judge you would execute someone based on hearsay already.

He just lost in a multi-million dollar trial, so some part of you is in denial about something.  No, I don't believe that she is guilty - men with that much money don't put up with a little nagging unless they enjoy it for some reason.  

Have he been jailed? That is what happens when you lose criminal cases. And sure you would believe that only a man could do this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
OneTime said:

He just lost in a multi-million dollar trial, so some part of you is in denial about something.  No, I don't believe that she is guilty - men with that much money don't put up with a little nagging unless they enjoy it for some reason.  

Have he been jailed? That is what happens when you lose criminal cases. And sure you would believe that only a man could do this.

I believe there is a separate court case about that in the US.  We'll find out how that goes (hint - he's not going to get away with it).  

OneTime said:
DonFerrari said:

"likely true"? And here I though there was something like beyond resonable doubt. In which universe there is public evidence that he suffers abuse, we don't real evidence that he abused her, but yes he have to pay for it?

I think it's beyond reasonable doubt for any sane person.  Yes, he's a piece of dirt who is guilty as hell.  "She did it too" stops working as an excuse when you get to age 12 (not that I think she'd have the strength to actually physically hurt him - and he has the money to walk out at any point he wants if she's nagging him too much)

That is totally asinine. A woman who knows how to punch properly can get a pretty significant amount of power into a punch. He alleges that she punched him in the face multiple times then threw a vodka bottle at him, which partially severed the tip of his finger:

Graphic photo warning

Spoiler!

It's kind of sad that it's 2020 and male victims of female abuse still have to hear garbage takes about how "women can't really hurt men even if they tried". Women absolutely can physically abuse men. I know my uncle's first serious girlfriend was an abuser, and because he was raised the old fashioned way, never to hit a lady even in self defense, he just took her abuse for weeks (she threw stuff at him, hit him, etc.), until my grandmother discovered she was abusing him because of bruising and confronted her about it, then the girl got up in my grandma's face cussing her out, so my grandma grabbed her by the hair, threw her out of the house, and told her she wasn't allowed to date her son anymore. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 November 2020

OneTime said:
DonFerrari said:

I believe there is a separate court case about that in the US.  We'll find out how that goes (hint - he's not going to get away with it).  

Ok, let's wait for the ugly and dirty mr. criminal to be jailed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
OneTime said:

Dude - if half of the things we know about how crazy Depp's private life is are true, he will be found guilty.  He would have been better off just saying: "Sorry, I was off my head on <big long list of stuff> and I'll go into rehab".

Around the Network
OneTime said:
DonFerrari said:

Dude - if half of the things we know about how crazy Depp's private life is are true, he will be found guilty.  He would have been better off just saying: "Sorry, I was off my head on and I'll go into rehab".

When you start with "if" and "we know", it all seems just like gossip false information with 0 evidence to sustain.

I say bring Colin Farrell Grindelwald lol

I'm sure Depp won't be returning ever again for another Pirates movie unfortunately.

V-r0cK said:

I'm sure Depp won't be returning ever again for another Pirates movie unfortunately.

That would be a bit weird, it wouldn't really make sense. The character Colin Farrell was playing was the head of MACUSA Magical Law Enforcement who Grindelwald had killed, and Grindelwald was presumably transforming into him via the usage of polyjuice potion using hair or other genetic material he had taken from the corpse. Fantastic Beasts 3 is set many years later, there is no way he would have enough genetic material left to continue transforming into him with polyjuice potion, unless he had captured him instead instead of killing him, not to mention he would have no reason to transform into him anymore, since he had already revealed his identity and was leading his army as himself in the 2nd movie.

Better to replace Johnny with somebody who looks enough like Johnny's Grindelwald for it to not be an off-putting change.

Sadly Disney had already dropped Johnny like a year ago, and announced plans to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean instead of making the planned final movie with the return of Davey Jones, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann, that they had set up at the end of 5.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 November 2020

DonFerrari said:
OneTime said:

Dude - if half of the things we know about how crazy Depp's private life is are true, he will be found guilty.  He would have been better off just saying: "Sorry, I was off my head on and I'll go into rehab".

When you start with "if" and "we know", it all seems just like gossip false information with 0 evidence to sustain.

Maybe. I'm the one using phrases like "if" and "based on all the crazy stuff I've read about him over the years".  

I only care so far as, given what this court just ruled, he shouldn't be getting multi-million dollar film deals.  You seem remarkably invested in him being not guilty, and coming up with various ways of blaming his girlfriend for his problems...

shikamaru317 said:
V-r0cK said:

That would be a bit weird, it wouldn't really make sense. The character Colin Farrell was playing was the head of MACUSA Magical Law Enforcement who Grindelwald had killed, and Grindelwald was presumably transforming into him via the usage of polyjuice potion using hair or other genetic material he had taken from the corpse. Fantastic Beasts 3 is set many years later, there is no way he would have enough genetic material left to continue transforming into him with polyjuice potion, unless he had captured him instead instead of killing him, not to mention he would have no reason to transform into him anymore, since he had already revealed his identity and was leading his army as himself in the 2nd movie.

Better to replace Johnny with somebody who looks enough like Johnny's Grindelwald for it to not be an off-putting change.

Sadly Disney had already dropped Johnny like a year ago, and announced plans to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean instead of making the planned final movie with the return of Davey Jones, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann, that they had set up at the end of 5.

Ya I just thought Colin Farrell deserved a bigger role :P

And that's really unfortunate about the final movie of Pirates because i really wanted to know how that was going to go down.  I know Disney is strict but couldn't they just let Depp end the series off properly with one final bang. T_T