By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix reports ¥6.5b loss for HD games, driven by poor performance of Marvel's Avengers

PotentHerbs said:
Azzanation said:

Unable to read through the lines. I bring Squares decisions up because the company is lost a fair bit of money and when they shill out to companies, its good they get a hard lesson knowing that they would have made alot more money if they went the other way or didnt try to slap other users in the face.

Also this isnt about Xbox, FF7 is a timed exclusives meaning they also shafted thier PC audience, small little gaming Apps like Steam with 100s of million users cannot buy FF7. More customers = more money. When they start crying why they arent profiting as good as they should, they need look in the mirror and go "thats why"

Weren't you cheering when Microsoft bought Bethesda? I guess locking out 100+ Million Playstation users is no big deal. 

Cheering is for fanboys. I could care less who owns Bethesda, aslong as they dont get locked out of the PC market. 

DonFerrari said:

Locking Bethesda to MS is worse than locking a DLC on a single game to PS. Get on with times.

Owning and shilling are too different things.

Example:

Sony, lets lock all Spiderman games and content to Playstation, forcing people to buy our System.

Microsoft: Lets buy some Studios, and bring it to Steam, Windows, Switch, GamePass etc. Oh and possibly PlayStation aswell.

Lets not open up that can of worms Don.

Around the Network

what exactly were they expecting..? 3million sales is pretty amazing for a niche money grab game like this that's feeding off a movie franchise. This is a puzzling one. If they wanted something like Batman Arkham, well bring on the AAA gaming production.

Always good to see companies that are not fully supporting Nintendo suffer. Port more stuff and properly support the hottest system and maybe you'd not be in the red. ....I'm sure that Bravely Default 2 will patch this up for them next quarter.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Chazore said:
hunter_alien said:

Do you really think that that was the reason the game bombed? Man, I taught that people come to this site to get some actual industry insights, not to vent their frustrations, but it seems I was wrong.

It's also a shame that you and 4 others are biased when "looking" for said "insight". I would have "taught" that would be left at the front door, but I guess not.

Yeah, keep mocking the fact that I make mistakes in my 4th language kid, I bet as a UK resident your multilingualism is perfect

The game was shit, you missed the point why it bombed, for once be a man and suck it up.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:

Yeah, keep mocking the fact that I make mistakes in my 4th language kid, I bet as a UK resident your multilingualism is perfect

The game was shit, you missed the point why it bombed, for once be a man and suck it up.

You think I was on about your English?. No, I was on about your choice of words, hence the quotation marks.

Also I'm not a kid either, going by your profile age, I'm actually older than you.

Why don't you?, You're the one who chose to reply to this at such a late date. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 10 November 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
hunter_alien said:

You think I was on about your English?. No, I was on about your choice of words, hence the quotation marks.

Also I'm not a kid either, going by your profile age, I'm actually older than you.

Why don't you?, You're the one who chose to reply to this at such a late date. 

I officially apologize for having to work and not having the time to log-on daily! I will do my best to be on time next time we will have a lovely conversation. Pinky promise mister Chazore!

No sympathy for Square from my perspective. I don't like their choices as of late. FFVII is a great example; episodes, changing the story and MTX for accessories. Perhaps Square needs to re-evaluate their design choices.

hunter_alien said:

I officially apologize for having to work and not having the time to log-on daily! I will do my best to be on time next time we will have a lovely conversation. Pinky promise mister Chazore!

My dude, you posted on another thread just the other day, as well as an article. You had the time to see a blue icon notifying you that you were quote replied, and able to respond to it at the time you made those two posts, just saying.

You can cut the sarc though, it doesn't suit ye.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
hunter_alien said:

My dude, you posted on another thread just the other day, as well as an article. You had the time to see a blue icon notifying you that you were quote replied, and able to respond to it at the time you made those two posts, just saying.

You can cut the sarc though, it doesn't suit ye.

If I did actually, you must be right. Still I haven't noticed that notification. My bad, and that is not by any mean sarcastic. I do find it odd that a). I even explain myself for replying "to late" and b) that you actually checked my posting history to know this tidbit.

But regardless of this or what posting style suits me, I will live this as it is, as we are trully discussing nothing for way to many posts now. Cheers!

OT: I have nothing left to add tot his thread, so sorry for the late derail OP.

Good. They made a bad game and then made it even worse with laughably bad and shortsighted exclusive content deals.I pretty much stopped listening to Kinda Funny because of how extremely obvious they were shilling for this game.