By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix reports ¥6.5b loss for HD games, driven by poor performance of Marvel's Avengers

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Well Square shouldnt do stupid chit. Averagers Spiderman exclusive content and FF7 timed exclusive should be a valid lesson to them. Stop limiting your games and content to customers and they will make more money.

This have 0 to do with the two topics your brought, but thank you.

I can't believe we have users in this thread still crying about Spiderman DLC lol. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 06 November 2020

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
DonFerrari said:

This have 0 to do with the two topics your brought, but thank you.

Can't believe we have users in this thread still crying about Spiderman DLC lol. 

Or thinking that FFVIIR lost money while believing these games would earn a lot by being on GP.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hope this won’t be another Spirits Within situation.

SanAndreasX said:
Hope this won’t be another Spirits Within situation.

This isn't that much loss.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's what happens when you do exclusivity for one console, fuck over 2 other consoles and PC. You reap what you sow, get mad SE, get top kek levels of mad and deal with it. You bitched about TR sales when you made that crappy timed deal with Xbox, then Deus Ex MKD when you pulled those MT's and edition versions, now you've done it again and it's all on you as usual.

Maybe, I dunno, it's not that hard, but don't do shitty timed deals with just one sodding console?. Maybe release for all 3 and PC, to maximise sales, both short term and long tail?. I really think most pubs are thick as hell when they always end up putting way, way too much focus on short term gains over losing long term gains and customer trust.

I didn't buy into Avengers due to the deal and that it's GaaS, but I sure as hell ain't buying FF VIIR because it's in parts, and timed exclusive, so fuck paying a high price for part one a year later. Hop you learn from this SE, but you've done it multiple times for years, so I'm sure you won't learn from this and just look for something else to blame, as greedy, garbage publisher suits tend to do.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

@Chazore to be fair I think it has less to do about that. And more about the Avengers looking and playing like trash. Also no endgame content other than repeating the same thing over and over which totally defeats the purpose of these multiplayer games. The game hardly had any momentum to begin with, and thats the crux of GaaS type games. No interest, no money to be made on the sales of game, DLC and MTX.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 November 2020

Quick Nintendo help them out and give them a crap ton of money to make Super Mario RPG 2.

Anthems Avengers is a bad game in design but also logic. Why does Hulk or Thor for example need loot and why would take either of them 3-4 hits to kill one normal human enemy? Then ISP exclusive costumes that were dumb. Everything about it is a bad idea.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JWeinCom said:
Prices of DLC are getting slashed. Unlikely this will make money. And that's a good thing. Just make a good game instead of a giant ad for microtransactions.

And an advert spot for the MCU. 

If Square wants some really easy extra money how about they bring over the FF7, FF8 and FF9 Switch physical copies, and FF8 PS4 physical copy to the rest of the world