By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed Valhalla runs at 30fps on Xbox Series S

MS selling series S as just a resolution downgrade has already proven to be false. Its become clear that for an identical 1080p target of SX/PS5 games, Series S's hardware is proving troublesome. Its obviously capable but its clear devs are being forced to put in time to optimise that they simply don't have, hence the lack of ray tracing in DMC and the FPS drop in AC. 

Edit: It seems the Series S version is aiming for a dynamic 4k which is why its running at 30fps. So this is less to do with the S's specs, but I think sttill relevant topic as developers will not approach Series Adaptions in consistent ways and should be a warning for anyone expecting the same FPS targets between Series S and X. 

Last edited by Otter - on 13 November 2020

Around the Network

A ubisoft game not well optimiced? Shocking.

Give it a year or two and I think Series S will show its value, keeping pace with its bigger brother while coming in at a super affordable price point.

Will be really interesting though to see the differences between Series S and Current gen!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Loneken said:
A ubisoft game not well optimiced? Shocking.

You have to consider how many other third parties will even bother optimizing for S. This could be the beginning of the norm for this model.

I was making a joke, but you are probably  right. We have to wait and see.

Around the Network

Ubisoft open world game. What are series x and playstation 5 able to accomplish with this cross gen game?

Edit: Also if you really love 60 fps. You guys are gonna be so disappointed with lots of big AAA single player games on PS5 and Series X. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 05 November 2020

Well 30fps iisn't a problem for me on a game like AC Valhalla,at most I see it being unexpect being a crossgen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

green_sky said:

Ubisoft open world game. What are series x and playstation 5 able to accomplish with this cross gen game?

Edit: Also if you really love 60 fps. You guys are gonna be so disappointed with lots of big AAA single player games on PS5 and Series X. 

4k 60fps. PS5 is confirmed to be upscaled 4k, so not sure what the native resolution is. 

But the FPS being cut in half is not what was marketed by MS, so I think it is muddy waters and could leave a bad taste in the mouth of those expecting parity outside of resolution. Lets see how often it happens

We knew it would be running at 30fps on the XX since May, why would it run at 30fps on the XS?

https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/12/assassins-creed-valhalla-30fps-xbox-series-x/

Edit - Ok I have my facts wrong. I guess I dont care for AC anymore sence why I wasnt aware.

Last edited by foodfather - on 05 November 2020

30fps is also cool with me, infact I hope my favourite franchises still push visual atmosphere and engagement over fps but none the less, if people go in expecting to get the next gen experience of the X on their HD TV, but instead get far more notable cuts including things fps and ray tracing then thats problematic imo. Bare in mind some people would get an S just because they don't have a 4k TV, not knowing that it will mean other compromises

Last edited by Otter - on 05 November 2020