The Last of Us 11 13.75%

Max Payne 1 1.25%

Tomb Raider 5 6.25%

Mass Effect 3 3.75%

Dead Space 0 0%

Other 4 5.00%

Total:80
d21lewis said:
Playing Spec Ops now. It's pretty good but it's no Gears.

I never understood the praise for that game. Its playable, fun at times, but imo just falls flat in pretty much everything. I also got really bored of Nolan North, when it came out he was voicing everything. 

I get what its trying to go for, (I've seen Apocalypse Now many times but never read Heart Of Darkness). but It didn't work for me. 

Around the Network

Splatoon, and it's not even close. That being said, I'm not generally a fan of most shooters, so I'm certainly not the most qualified to say. I just find it to be so much more captivating and unique compared to any others I've played, and it's what made me believe I shouldn't entirely rule out the genre when big new games release in it. Still haven't played any I prefer to Splatoon though.

Gears of war has some of, if not the the best mechanics/gameplay of a TPS. The controls are so tight and responsive, it just feels great to play. It also has a better story than it gets credit for.

S.Peelman said:
Was Uncharted, but I had more fun with Tomb Raider this gen. Regardless of whether or not it should be regarded as being in this genre, I’ll vote for that one.

Uncharted still has a better story and characters but I agree I had more fun with Tomb Raider there is more to do in those games since you can hunt upgrade your equipment and do side quests, plus the exploration is better implemented you don't need to look up a guide to find all the collectables.

Considering how relatively small the Xbox base is here it's kinda nice to see Halo win the best FPS poll and Gears leading the best TPS poll.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
S.Peelman said:
Was Uncharted, but I had more fun with Tomb Raider this gen. Regardless of whether or not it should be regarded as being in this genre, I’ll vote for that one.

Uncharted still has a better story and characters but I agree I had more fun with Tomb Raider there is more to do in those games since you can hunt upgrade your equipment and do side quests, plus the exploration is better implemented you don't need to look up a guide to find all the collectables.

Yeah. I loved Uncharted in the 7th Gen, and Among Thieves remains high in my Top 50 all-time favorites list with Drake’s Deception also popping in and out in the past years, but Uncharted got stale in the 8th gen. A Thief’s End was okay, but it went on for too long for my taste. I didn’t really like Lost Legacy, the weakest in the series and thought it didn’t add anything to the lore, while I liked Golden Abyss enough. I even got a Vita solely for that game.

Tomb Raider however, I played through all three on PS4, had more fun levels and better pacing, I loved the puzzle tombs and actually wanted to go out of my way to find them all. The collectables were also better because they actually added to the game’s stories and provided additional info about the places you visited and the characters that were there.

Where Uncharted remained the same, Tomb Raider actually brought new stuff to the table.

If I were to pit Tomb Raider against Uncharted I'd have to give it to the latter, despite liking Lara much more as a character than Nate, but I haven't had the chance to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet; I hope they port it to Switch someday.

Heck, while they're at it, port the whole modern trilogy to Switch. I'm sure a dev like QLOC, Panic Button, or Saber could handle it.

The Best Ip is Gears

The best game is Vanquish (mechanics is great, fun to play)

The best game when you count narrative and surprise is Specs Ops. 

Uncharted is great, but in an epic sense and cinematograph feelings (Michael bay + Indiana jones + tomb raider)

dx11332sega said:
curl-6 said:

If I were to pit Tomb Raider against Uncharted I'd have to give it to the latter, despite liking Lara much more as a character than Nate, but I haven't had the chance to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet; I hope they port it to Switch someday.

Heck, while they're at it, port the whole modern trilogy to Switch. I'm sure a dev like QLOC, Panic Button, or Saber could handle it.

I'd wanna see Tomb raider trilogy modern collection, Resident evil 2 remake, borderlands 3 , Metro exodus from 2019 the newer metro come to switch Physical or eshop versions like witcher 3 was physical

Out of those, the Tomb Raider Trilogy and Borderlands 3 I can see becoming reality as native ports. According to the source that leaked Monster Hunter Rise, RE2 remake, along with RE3 remake and RE7 are getting global cloud releases on Switch.

Metro Exodus I can only see working as a cloud release given how demanding and advanced it is.

d21lewis said:
I voted for Gears. No other series I've played knows how to ramp it up and slow it down like Gears of War. Great variety, too.

With that said, I'm gonna download Spec Ops: The Line, today. Been hearing great things about that game for years!

You're going to have an...interesting time. Bog standard gameplay, game-changing story. EDIT: You're not a bad person..at least not yet. No spoilers for *that* scene

Shiken said:
For me currently...probably the REmakes...

A few years ago...probably Uncharted or Gears...

But if we go back to most nostalgic for me personally...Jet Force Gemini.

My man! JFG is still my jam. Hope MS can bring it back.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos