By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't people talk about the Switch as much as Xbox or PS?

Because the Switch is doomed!!!!!

On a serious note. At this very moment PS and Xbox are about to release new consoles in the market, as other have stated.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What I want to know is why each console fanbase thinks that their side is oppressed or underappreciated in the gaming space. Like .. really, Switch isn't talked about? The Switch?

I think this trend applies to fanbases in general, not only consoles. Takes for instance football, the fans of a specific team will constantly argue that they are being robbed or somehow mistreated. 

New console launch's always get the conversations going. Besides, NS has been out for years.

Switch is not new, so of course new upcoming consoles will get alot of talk.
Then you ask why people who only play COD or Madden on Xbox/PS don't know about it...
I mean, if they don't even play the vast majority of what is available on those platforms,
why would they know or care about Switch which doesn't play their games and is different platform?

Nintendo decided it didn't want to compete in mainline console performance anymore.
They didn't even attempt to use the latest process nodes on Switch, your phone is probably better.
Their performance is more akin to LAST GEN PS/XB and funnily, nobody talks about those either.
Go to a PC hardware site where latest GPU and CPU are discussed, how much are people talking about
rehashes of lastgen architectures for stuff like Intel's Atom or AMD's integrated laptop GPU line up?
Not much, you need to find dedicated discussion for those, because they aren't part of the leading pack.
They aren't TRYING to be comparable, so they aren't, and likewise they aren't part of the same conversation.

Likewise, a discussion of Nintendo fans about their favorite Nintendo games probably isn't going to include
the latest and greatest PS/XB/PC games even when they are the same basic genre as the Nintendo games.
A Nintendo discussion is about Nintendo and that priority is not up for debate or in the collective interest

That is the result of Nintendo's explicitly claimed "blue ocean strategy", they don't want to play in same sandbox.
Making your own little sandbox can be fun and engaging, but it's not part of the general conversation anymore.
So Nintendo does that, they cease to be relevant to people interested in that general field of activity.
it's like if somebody decides to quit olympic athletics and play slip and slide athletics.
They are no longer relevant to people engaged in the olympics. Same for e.g. UEFA vs "beach football".
Same for Nike footwear vs some handmade sandal craftsman. This is totally normal phenomenon

So I have to ask why do you find the need to ask about this?
Why do you have the expectation that others must want to discuss Switch when they don't play it?
Why is it important to you that you would want them to?

Nintendo hasn't exactly gone out of their way to make it something to talk about this year, few big releases, no hardware news since Lite over one year ago. With Nintendo choosing to use Directs as their news and announcement outlet, less enthusiastic gamers are also less likely to hear as much interesting news directly from its source. Heck; I'm very enthusiastic about gamin but I don't even watch the Directs since I find them rather bland and uninteresting.

Also, as others have mentioned; there's a lot going on elsewhere right now, PC market seeing a surge of new hardware, and new PS and Xbox imminent.

Around the Network

Switch is for kids, this site is for real man-babies.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
What I want to know is why each console fanbase thinks that their side is oppressed or underappreciated in the gaming space. Like .. really, Switch isn't talked about? The Switch?

The internet is a big, big place, so it's possible (easy, really, with AI algorithms becoming more prevalent) to spend all your time only in places where, say, lizard people are currently ruling the world and cotton causes cancer. Add in some good old fashioned confirmation bias, and voila: the Earth is flat and Sega is buying Microsoft.

New consoles coming soon, that's all people want to talk about. PS5 was trending yesterday, today it was Xbox. Until then, not even Nintendo is delivering big news.

because the switch fell in a cliff somewhere and hasn't been seen since

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
because the switch fell in a cliff somewhere and hasn't been seen since

This!

That damned cliff!
Towards thee Nintendo rolled, thou all-destroying but accursed cliff
To the last Nintendo grasped at that cliff
From hell’s heart Nintendo tried not to fall off thee
For hate’s sake it spit its last Direct at thee.
Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common abyss!
Let us tow then tow to pieces, while still falling off thee, thou damned cliff!

I say first, all is not lost.

Though, as Yamauchi predicted, Nintendo would fall to the depths of hell, and I say once more, all is NOT lost.

Domestic fury and fierce civil strife shall cumber all the parts of the video game industry.
Blood and destruction shall be so in use, and dreadful objects so familiar that mothers shall but smile when they behold their infants quartered with the hands of war!
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds and Iwata's spirit, ranging for revenge with Switch 2 by his side come hot from hell!
Shall in these confines with a monarch’s voice Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the Karts of war.
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.