By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 FINALLY in the hands of journalists + where is the POWER of the Series X?

Where is the POWER of X?

I dunno? 4 23.53%

Never there. 11 64.71%

I pulled it out of my ass. 2 11.76%

Total:17

chadwarden2.0

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I would be far more concerned that on event months before release of console most of the games on the Xbox show weren't show running on Series, while PS5 every show have show mostly running on PS5 (the only exception I can remember is FF XVIII).
But yes we have to be overly concerned that Sony wasn't sending consoles to celebrities, which certainly is an extension of those silly Sony changed PS5 because of Series spec, PS5 design wasn't finished until recently, consoles were exploding in manufacturing and all the other rumours some users were delighted to post. Still god forbid anyone saying Xbox launch titles is weak and that Raytracing isn't being present in most of them... you'll get flooded with a list of upgraded ports as if they were new games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The power is in the tower. Duh.

Woah @shikamaru317 I had no idea Gears 5 has RT on XSX. Looks like it is easily the most impressive next gen launch title.

I didn't watch the video bcuz I refuse to support those clickbait titles, but based on everybody's comments here I assume there's an emphasis on the word "Raytracing." And for the life of me, I don't understand people's obsession with this new buzz-word. I'm 100% sure that most people here wouldn't be able to tell if a game has raytracing or not if he wasn't previously told that it had.
The most realistic demo (unreal 5 demo) we have seen so far running on a console didn't have raytracing and there's nothing out there that comes close.
Scorn is one of the most visually impressive games I've seen and I have no idea if it has raytracing or not, and I couldn't care less. What matters to me is that the game looks good, I don't care what rendering techniques the developers used to achieve their goals.

shikamaru317 said:

...I'm not sure where he got that idea from...

I know, it's a few cm below his tailbone.

Around the Network

*Evil laughs*

I am very interested to see how the mods think of this thread, which started off already exceptionally great with the OP in view of their recent announcement. Is it OK to post a clear console warrior video? So, do the mod team want threads starting like this here? What if such stuff was directed at Switch or PS5? I really ask myself sometimes, what is OK to post on this site and what isn't. Because that actually isn't very clear to me.

OK, back on topic:

5:10 "sure, some multiplats run at a higher framerate and a higher resolution"

The video actually makes the point that the Series X showing it's power on comparable games like multiplats, but let's look at incomparable stuff, avoid seeing stuff like raytracing on Xbox games and make a completely stupid point.

I mean, the consoles aren't even out yet and we get such comparisons from people who don't actually have the device in their hands. Let's wait and see when they are all out and multiplats releases for all platforms, when we will learn about the differences and how they affect the gaming experience. If a journalistic outlet which already has both devices and can test the same game on them - it still is early as they would test only unfinished game-builds, but it would say much more as some youtuber rambling around.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

DonFerrari said:
Still god forbid anyone saying Xbox launch titles is weak and that Raytracing isn't being present in most of them... you'll get flooded with a list of upgraded ports as if they were new games.

Sorry, when was the thread about launch titles? It was about power, which is best compared in multiplats, which are at this point in time upgraded ports as always with a console launch. So what are you talking about?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The "power" of Xbox is GamePass. For $10 a month I can play way more games than I have time for, and the listing keeps growing at a pace I can't keep up with. How their visuals compare to others isn't the least bit interesting to me, let alone a puddle reflection comparison.

Thinking if the Xbox Series X has raytracing or not is a moot point, let's be real here, most gamers don't know what it is and won't care.

The whole tech differences between PS5 and XSX is going to be be nothing and games will look the same on both machines.

There is only one difference and that's games.
PS5 has Spiderman and Demon Souls on launch day. Two blockbuster titles. In launch window it has Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank and Horizon 2, three more huge system selling titles.
Oh and it plays all your PS4 games but Backwards compatibility is not a feature that the general public actually cares about. Hardcore gamers care, but most people couldn't give a toss.

What are the killer XSX launch games? What are the killer launch window titles? There isn't any! Microsoft are trying to sell a console with zero 1st party games that anyone cares about!
They are selling a console almost exclusively on the improvements it makes to your old games. Except almost no one has old Xbox One games because most people bought a PS4! What a stupid game plan!

I used to like Xbox, hell I own Steel Battalion on OG Xbox; that's how much I used to like the platform. But there is nothing on Xbox that is pulling me away from PlayStation, I bet a lot of gamers are feeling this way too.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.