By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 FINALLY in the hands of journalists + where is the POWER of the Series X?

Where is the POWER of X?

I dunno? 4 23.53%

Never there. 11 64.71%

I pulled it out of my ass. 2 11.76%

Total:17

Essentially this is the last narrative: Xbox 1st party is far out compared to PS. And somehow Xbox cant do ray tracing?

Couple weeks ago people were spreading FUD that Xbox was too hot and/or loud. Now it’s it can’t do RT when it’s actually better equipped to handle it. These are temporary narratives and that’s what I like. This isn’t a flaw that will stick with Xbox for the entire gen and I can’t wait to see what the next narrative will be.

Last edited by sales2099 - on 25 October 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
only777 said:
Thinking if the Xbox Series X has raytracing or not is a moot point, let's be real here, most gamers don't know what it is and won't care.

The whole tech differences between PS5 and XSX is going to be be nothing and games will look the same on both machines.

There is only one difference and that's games.
PS5 has Spiderman and Demon Souls on launch day. Two blockbuster titles. In launch window it has Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank and Horizon 2, three more huge system selling titles.
Oh and it plays all your PS4 games but Backwards compatibility is not a feature that the general public actually cares about. Hardcore gamers care, but most people couldn't give a toss.

What are the killer XSX launch games? What are the killer launch window titles? There isn't any! Microsoft are trying to sell a console with zero 1st party games that anyone cares about!
They are selling a console almost exclusively on the improvements it makes to your old games. Except almost no one has old Xbox One games because most people bought a PS4! What a stupid game plan!

I used to like Xbox, hell I own Steel Battalion on OG Xbox; that's how much I used to like the platform. But there is nothing on Xbox that is pulling me away from PlayStation, I bet a lot of gamers are feeling this way too.

You are completely right, that games are what matters. But then you take a sidestep and suddenly speak about first party games. Let's be real. Many people buy 3rd-party multiplats. And they are there. There are also exclusives for Xbox, like Medium or gears tactics.

And pretty nice that you mention PS5 backward compatibility, but conveniently forget about Xbox BC.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

sales2099 said:
Essentially this is the last narrative: Xbox 1st party is far out compared to PS. And somehow Xbox can do ray tracing?

Couple weeks ago people were spreading FUD that Xbox was too hot and/or loud. Now it’s it can’t do RT when it’s actually better equipped to handle it. These are temporary narratives and that’s what I like. This isn’t a flaw that will stick with Xbox for the entire gen and I can’t wait to see what the next narrative will be.

Console war in full spin. And apparently the console warriors are anxious because it seems, MS isn't giving Playstation an easy win this time around, but is in for a fight. That is why the FUD is spreading. And it might be my filter bubble, but why I see stupid stuff like the made up overheating, the launch lineup (disregarding multiplats or games what release the following weaks or 3rd-party console exclusive because only 1st-party content counts somehow) or this stuff here about raytracing. I haven't seen much of this FUD directed at PS5. Maybe the Xbox-community is more content being happy about what they get instead of desperately finding flaws in the competitors platform. Well, as I said, maybe I just don't see that stuff.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

eva01beserk said:
He makes a valid point. If we have to wait untill 2022 to see the power of the x then I fear it will be to late by then.

Too late for what exactly?

Mnementh said:
sales2099 said:
Essentially this is the last narrative: Xbox 1st party is far out compared to PS. And somehow Xbox can do ray tracing?

Console war in full spin. And apparently the console warriors are anxious because it seems, MS isn't giving Playstation an easy win this time around, but is in for a fight. That is why the FUD is spreading. And it might be my filter bubble, but why I see stupid stuff like the made up overheating, the launch lineup (disregarding multiplats or games what release the following weaks or 3rd-party console exclusive because only 1st-party content counts somehow) or this stuff here about raytracing. I haven't seen much of this FUD directed at PS5. Maybe the Xbox-community is more content being happy about what they get instead of desperately finding flaws in the competitors platform. Well, as I said, maybe I just don't see that stuff.

I've seen way FUD was thrown at the PS5 than the series X.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Mnementh said:

Well, as I said, possibly my filter bubble.

Mnementh said:
sales2099 said:

Games like Gears Tactics “not counting” because it’s a niche genre. The Medium Crossfire X not counting because it’s not 1st party. Ugh, console wars Twitter is brutal sometimes. 

We don’t do FUD this time around (mostly). You right im personally content with MS actually trying this time around. Better to stick with Xbox’s strengths now then try to make stuff up about the other guy.

We just stick to the facts like “better specs”, “Game Pass best value”,  “more gens of BC with enhanced titles” and “We got Bethesda” lol. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

We've seen ray tracing. but i think what is a legitimate question is where are the next gen games from Xbox? Would have been nice to have seen some gameplay at at least by now. Gears 5 looks great though, but not enough to compete in my opinion.

Also I think the video is a lot of rubbish i guess, but some of the footage seen on Xbox Series X and has been publicized looks terrible and there really isn't anything to offset it...which seems to be the issue. As some already said though, nobody cares about graphical features, but they sure do care about games and that's what we all waiting for from Xbox.

Edit: Console warriors will find the saving grace in everything though, but the sales of the consoles will reflect the strategies of both companies.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

gooch_destroyer said:
Mnementh said:

Such as? Genuinely curious. 

sales2099 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Such as? Genuinely curious. 

Overheating

Complaining about the screw

hard to develop for

RE 8 gonna play worse on PS5

PS5 is gonna cost more than the series X

etc