By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 FINALLY in the hands of journalists + where is the POWER of the Series X?

Where is the POWER of X?

I dunno? 4 23.53%

Never there. 11 64.71%

I pulled it out of my ass. 2 11.76%

Total:17
eva01beserk said:
Leynos said:

I dunno. Took us until 2008 with MGS4 to really see the power of PS3. Until then it showed nothing 360 couldn't do.

What did MGS4 DO that could not be done on the 360?

Do to resourses I jumped on the ps3 near the end of the gen so I can't say I know much of it unraveled. But looking back it seems that the best the ps3 managed when it came to multiplats at the end of the gen was match the 360. When it came to exclusives the ps3 really shined. But that's more of dev skill cuz the eclusives on the 360 pretty much died after 2010. So it made the gap even bigger. 

Thats not something I see happening this time cuz Sony will keep improving even if MS also improves their first party output. So even in the best case scenario for MS it will never reach a discrepancy as we saw the last decade. 

Uncompressed audio for one. Game was massive in size and too big to port to 360. Disc size was too much for 360. 360 used DVD9 discs. 8GB od data max. 360 also had plenty come to it after 2010.  Game used phat PS3's native emulation to play the PS1 sequence.

I am also going to add we didn't truly see what PS4 could do until Bloodborne and 1886. Not much in 2014 other than mainly crossgen stuff.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
eva01beserk said:

Do to resourses I jumped on the ps3 near the end of the gen so I can't say I know much of it unraveled. But looking back it seems that the best the ps3 managed when it came to multiplats at the end of the gen was match the 360. When it came to exclusives the ps3 really shined. But that's more of dev skill cuz the eclusives on the 360 pretty much died after 2010. So it made the gap even bigger. 

Thats not something I see happening this time cuz Sony will keep improving even if MS also improves their first party output. So even in the best case scenario for MS it will never reach a discrepancy as we saw the last decade. 

Uncompressed audio for one. Game was massive in size and too big to port to 360. Disc size was too much for 360. 360 used DVD9 discs. 8GB od data max. 360 also had plenty come to it after 2010.  Game used phat PS3's native emulation to play the PS1 sequence.

I am also going to add we didn't truly see what PS4 could do until Bloodborne and 1886. Not much in 2014 other than mainly crossgen stuff.

I dint know that. I knew the ps3 used blueray but I thought the 360 could compensate by having multy disc. 

I dont think it matters wich game really showed the ps4 power. The thing is that there where more and it was a trend since the end of the ps360. And it seems to continue into the 9th gen. Could be just a year untill halo infinite shows up and maybe games release regularly. But it still a trend that raned throw 3 generations.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Leynos said:

I dunno. Took us until 2008 with MGS4 to really see the power of PS3. Until then it showed nothing 360 couldn't do.

Exactly. That thing about "xbox has no games "was meant that they have no games aside from halo gears and forza. Also that's very little in comparison. It's obviously an exaggeration but everyone's knows its not literally zero. But compared to sony and Nintendo it might as well be zero. 

Edit: weird. That was suposed to be at @curl-6

Last edited by eva01beserk - on 25 October 2020

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
eva01beserk said:

Exactly. That thing about "xbox has no games "was meant that they have no games aside from halo gears and forza. Also that's very little in comparison. It's obviously an exaggeration but everyone's knows its not literally zero. But compared to sony and Nintendo it might as well be zero. 

Since they got every big third party multiplat, and all those exclusives were big AAA blockbusters, I think it's quite adequate; as a 360 owner I was spoiled for choice in 2011-2013, never ever felt like there wasn't enough to play. I spent more time playing it than I did my PS3.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 October 2020

Tagging in to keep an eye on this thread.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

Since they got every big third party multiplat, and all those exclusives were big AAA blockbusters, I think it's quite adequate; as a 360 owner I was spoiled for choice in 2011-2013, never ever felt like there wasn't enough to play. I spent more time playing it than I did my PS3.

That's fair. I'm sure that by then the 360 was your primary console. It hard to switch by the end. 

Much of the video looks like bogus technobabble. A lot of YouTubers are effectively marketers and advertisers - they don't really know tech. Both consoles use the same revision of AMD CPUs and GPUs, so the basic features will of course be identical.

If the Xbox is more powerful then it'll be a question of percentages: maybe 5%, maybe 20%. We know what to expect based on asking the same question in PC gaming. From next week you'll be able to buy these GPUs and slap them in your gaming rig to test them for yourself.

At the end of the day, we are already well past hardware being the main limitation. It cost $265 million to develop GTA5 - if your console can fix *that* problem, your console will win...

Last edited by OneTime - on 25 October 2020

Leynos said:
eva01beserk said:
He makes a valid point. If we have to wait untill 2022 to see the power of the x then I fear it will be to late by then.

It didn't take us that long to see to power of PS3. The original Uncharted game was a much more persuading testimony of the PS3's might.

OP never fails to show what a true console keyboard warrior is suppose to act like.

Wait, ok....lemme take some notes real quick.

Post video of person talking out their ass, so nobody can later call you out for personally saying any of the verifiable crap yourself.
Lead with disclaimer that calls everyone who sees video for what it is...hang on, just double checking.....insecure no lifes who don't respect the opinions of others.

Excellent.