By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest Characters in Non-Horror Games?

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Also this motherfucker:

Good grief that game had some nightmare fuel

They made an even worse one in Super Mario Odyssey.

Somebody on the various Mario dev teams must be terrified of eels and wants to share his phobia with the rest of us.

Have to agree with the Eel from Mario 64, it was also very unexpected for the title.

Also the Zombies in Zelda OoT had me as a kid. They seemed okay from a distance but when they daze you with their stare, than latch onto you as seen below was bloody terrifying.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They made an even worse one in Super Mario Odyssey.

Somebody on the various Mario dev teams must be terrified of eels and wants to share his phobia with the rest of us.

Have to agree with the Eel from Mario 64, it was also very unexpected for the title.

Also the Zombies in Zelda OoT had me as a kid. They seemed okay from a distance but when they daze you with their stare, than latch onto you as seen below was bloody terrifying.

Damn right, from their blood-curdling screams to the way they froze you in place as they slowly advanced, the Redeads were scary as hell to me as a kid too. Although being school kids we soon turned their latching onto link and biting him animation into a "lol he's bonking link" joke which made them somewhat more a subject of raucous preteen laughter.

These enemies in Yoshi's Crafted World

Quite a few from the Tomb Raider series, including:

TR2 - the Mummies / Atlanteans are fast, unpredictable and made freaky noises. Then of course the big fella in the last level

TR2 - the big spiders drop down / appear from the dark without warning. Can't forget the dragon either.

TR3 - the dogs always seemed to appear in tight areas, again without warning. And Willard is a bit of an abomination.

Also, not an enemy per se, but that voice that used to say 'get out' in Donkey Kong 64 in that ice cavern level was pretty unnerving.

Last edited by drbunnig - on 24 October 2020

Half the ennemies in Earthbound could apply, but Gygas during the final battle (including the path to him) and the tent in Treep coming to unlife take the cake.

Around the Network

Certain machines, but mostly Terminators. The whole endoskeleton theme gives me Goosebumps.

Last edited by Chazore - on 24 October 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Certain machines, but mostly Terminators. The whole endoskeleton theme gives me Goosebumps.

Would you recommend Terminator Resistance? I've been looking for a good Terminator game since T3 for the PS2 xD

Back on topic...

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

This motherfucker from Twilight Princess

Calcabrina, from FF IV:

Vodacixi said:

Would you recommend Terminator Resistance? I've been looking for a good Terminator game since T3 for the PS2 xD

Most definitely. It's probably the best Terminator game I've played in a very, very long time. It feels like a fan letter to Terminator fans and contains refs from the first 2 movies (like seeing a human model of Robert Patrick in t he game, aka the T-1000 actor). It plays like an FPS, but has an RPG style tech tree and crafting for weapons/gear. Very atmospheric scenes too (like the eerie fog in night time zones).

They even recreated the underground bunker from the first movie, right down to the two guards and guard dogs at the entrance door (and the dune buggy too, as well as the TV for a fireplace).

This game is what Fallout 4 should have been. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 24 October 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CaptainExplosion said:
Vodacixi said:

Back on topic...

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

This motherfucker from Twilight Princess

Calcabrina, from FF IV:

Metroid Fusion might as well be a survival horror game thanks to SA-X. >.<

From the beginning up to a certain point it really seems like one... in the sense that you are absolutely powerless against it/her and the only thing you can do is escape and survive until your next encounter xD

Giygas in EarthBound
Eel in Super Mario 64
Descendants in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima