By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest Characters in Non-Horror Games?



Around the Network



These things always creeped me out in Tenchu games, especially with their weird moans and movements where you're not certain how to best sneak up on them.



CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Also this motherfucker:

Good grief that game had some nightmare fuel

They made an even worse one in Super Mario Odyssey.

Somebody on the various Mario dev teams must be terrified of eels and wants to share his phobia with the rest of us.

Have to agree with the Eel from Mario 64, it was also very unexpected for the title.

Also the Zombies in Zelda OoT had me as a kid. They seemed okay from a distance but when they daze you with their stare, than latch onto you as seen below was bloody terrifying.



Azzanation said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They made an even worse one in Super Mario Odyssey.

Somebody on the various Mario dev teams must be terrified of eels and wants to share his phobia with the rest of us.

Have to agree with the Eel from Mario 64, it was also very unexpected for the title.

Also the Zombies in Zelda OoT had me as a kid. They seemed okay from a distance but when they daze you with their stare, than latch onto you as seen below was bloody terrifying.

Damn right, from their blood-curdling screams to the way they froze you in place as they slowly advanced, the Redeads were scary as hell to me as a kid too. Although being school kids we soon turned their latching onto link and biting him animation into a "lol he's bonking link" joke which made them somewhat more a subject of raucous preteen laughter.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

These enemies in Yoshi's Crafted World

Quite a few from the Tomb Raider series, including:

TR2 - the Mummies / Atlanteans are fast, unpredictable and made freaky noises. Then of course the big fella in the last level

TR2 - the big spiders drop down / appear from the dark without warning. Can't forget the dragon either.

TR3 - the dogs always seemed to appear in tight areas, again without warning. And Willard is a bit of an abomination.


Also, not an enemy per se, but that voice that used to say 'get out' in Donkey Kong 64 in that ice cavern level was pretty unnerving.

Last edited by drbunnig - on 24 October 2020

Around the Network

Half the ennemies in Earthbound could apply, but Gygas during the final battle (including the path to him) and the tent in Treep coming to unlife take the cake.



Leynos said:
A boss from Cho Aniki Zero but not sure if I am allowed to post it so I will have to ask a mod

What could be so bad about that?

Leynos said:
Spoiler!

Slightly NSFW and permission from a mod to post it. Cho Aniki on PS1/Saturn. I dunno it kinda disturbed me.

HOLY FUCK, WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING?!! It's like the dev team was on extra strength LSD.

hinch said:

The screaming baby in Max Payne's dream sequence. Was quite unnerving playing through this, with the screaming and crying in the background.

I'm sure it was deliberate on Remedy Entertainment's part, since it's a dream sequence taunting Max about his late wife and child.

FloatingWaffles said:

Is that game known for anything BESIDES Watson being a creeper?

TallSilhouette said:


These things always creeped me out in Tenchu games, especially with their weird moans and movements where you're not certain how to best sneak up on them.

Ugh!!

curl-6 said:
Azzanation said:

Have to agree with the Eel from Mario 64, it was also very unexpected for the title.

Also the Zombies in Zelda OoT had me as a kid. They seemed okay from a distance but when they daze you with their stare, than latch onto you as seen below was bloody terrifying.

Damn right, from their blood-curdling screams to the way they froze you in place as they slowly advanced, the Redeads were scary as hell to me as a kid too. Although being school kids we soon turned their latching onto link and biting him animation into a "lol he's bonking link" joke which made them somewhat more a subject of raucous preteen laughter.

The ones in Wind Waker are surprisingly worse.

drbunnig said:

These enemies in Yoshi's Crafted World

Quite a few from the Tomb Raider series, including:

TR2 - the Mummies / Atlanteans are fast, unpredictable and made freaky noises. Then of course the big fella in the last level

TR2 - the big spiders drop down / appear from the dark without warning. Can't forget the dragon either.

TR3 - the dogs always seemed to appear in tight areas, again without warning. And Willard is a bit of an abomination.


Also, not an enemy per se, but that voice that used to say 'get out' in Donkey Kong 64 in that ice cavern level was pretty unnerving.

I don't know why Good Feel put that in a Yoshi game, or what those visceral...things have to do with finding ancient treasures.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Half the ennemies in Earthbound could apply, but Gygas during the final battle (including the path to him) and the tent in Treep coming to unlife take the cake.

Heeere's Johnny!!

Here are few more I forgot to mention.

The Vortex Queen (Ecco the Dolphin)

Monster Ock (Spider-Man PS1)

Scarecrow (Batman: Arkham Asylum)

Hisako (Killer Instinct 2013)

Perfect Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)

Kackle (Donkey Kong Country 2)

Armored Mawdad (Pikmin 3)

Eely-Mouth (Super Mario Sunshine)

Red Eye King (Star Fox Adventures)

Blizzeta (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)





Certain machines, but mostly Terminators. The whole endoskeleton theme gives me Goosebumps.



Last edited by Chazore - on 24 October 2020

Chazore said:

Certain machines, but mostly Terminators. The whole endoskeleton theme gives me Goosebumps.



Would you recommend Terminator Resistance? I've been looking for a good Terminator game since T3 for the PS2 xD

Back on topic...

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

This motherfucker from Twilight Princess

Calcabrina, from FF IV: