By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scariest Characters in Non-Horror Games?

Vodacixi said:
Chazore said:

Certain machines, but mostly Terminators. The whole endoskeleton theme gives me Goosebumps.

Would you recommend Terminator Resistance? I've been looking for a good Terminator game since T3 for the PS2 xD

Back on topic...

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

This motherfucker from Twilight Princess

Calcabrina, from FF IV:

Metroid Fusion might as well be a survival horror game thanks to SA-X. >.<

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Would you recommend Terminator Resistance? I've been looking for a good Terminator game since T3 for the PS2 xD

Most definitely. It's probably the best Terminator game I've played in a very, very long time. It feels like a fan letter to Terminator fans and contains refs from the first 2 movies (like seeing a human model of Robert Patrick in t he game, aka the T-1000 actor). It plays like an FPS, but has an RPG style tech tree and crafting for weapons/gear. Very atmospheric scenes too (like the eerie fog in night time zones).

They even recreated the underground bunker from the first movie, right down to the two guards and guard dogs at the entrance door (and the dune buggy too, as well as the TV for a fireplace).

This game is what Fallout 4 should have been. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 24 October 2020

CaptainExplosion said:
Vodacixi said:

Back on topic...

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

This motherfucker from Twilight Princess

Calcabrina, from FF IV:

Metroid Fusion might as well be a survival horror game thanks to SA-X. >.<

From the beginning up to a certain point it really seems like one... in the sense that you are absolutely powerless against it/her and the only thing you can do is escape and survive until your next encounter xD

Giygas in EarthBound
Eel in Super Mario 64
Descendants in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

a lot of enemies from the pikmin series qualify. but this thing was genuinely scary. it only appears after a few minutes on each level causing you to rush and panic to get to next level, plus it can only be beaten by purple pikmin which you can't bring into this area and are only given some on the last level. 

Around the Network

Monster Ock from Spiderman PS1... Literally everything about it is nightmare fuel. His look, the sounds he makes, and to top it off the fact that you have to run away from him. Chase dreams are a huge theme, so damn them devs for this shit. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Deviljho from Monster Hunter Tri.

From his ominous music, to the fact he can one-hit you until you acquire high rank armor, to the fact he can randomly show up in almost any high rank quest, to his creepy look with teeth all over his head, to his terrifying roar, he's just straight-up horrifying.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Spade said:

Monster Ock from Spiderman PS1... Literally everything about it is nightmare fuel. His look, the sounds he makes, and to top it off the fact that you have to run away from him. Chase dreams are a huge theme, so damn them devs for this shit. 

The worst part about Monster Ock is that he wasn't even from the Spider-Man comics. He was made for the game. Thankfully this means this has been his only appearance so far.

I thought Nemesis was pretty scary looking in Marvel Vs. Capcom:

Dunno if this count but in Dragon's Dogma it has an optional area that has the tone of Dark Souls. It has a unique mechanic as the more enemies you kill the more the stench of death is in the air. The game does not tell you this AT ALL. Kill enough and you risk the chance of the Grim Reaper just showing up. He's massive, has a great texture on the robe of blowing in the wind. He's near impossible to kill. So your best shot is to run like hell.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!