By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

mZuzek said:

Finally managed to finish my own list... I think. Had to make some tough calls, don't really feel certain about many of them, but it is what it is. Gotta reach a decision at some point.

This is obviously just to bump the thread, anyway. We need more people here!

i have my titles selected. Now the hard part is ordering them from best to less best. xD

Around the Network

I managed to compile a list of games and ordered them to about 20. I think that certain criteria, i.e. the quality of the game, the impact the game had on me, and how well the game holds up to modern standards, etc., helps me to narrow it down a bit.

Sign me up. I wasn't sure if I had time this year, but I can't just let a three-year streak go to waste.

Sure, I'll sign up. It's been a while and it'll be nice to participate in a thread where slagging off [redacted] won't be tempting.

I still don't much care for the 'no compilations' rule, becuase it means a tonne of my entries will be expanded (for example: all three donkey Kong Country SNES games deserve a slot on my top 50 list, but that gets redundant so I either chose one to represent the trilogy or omit the others or have a tonne of repeats.) A lot of my faves are like 'the pokemon series' or 'all of Rock Band as one collective game'.

That said, I think I can make this work. This list will be vastly different from my personal top 50 (As my top 10 includes like 20 games due to the aforementioned collection fixation), but it should be good.

So yeah, I guess sign me up.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Hey everyone, mZuzek had made the effort to create a thread to celebrate the last 10 years of the greatest game event. Complete with a TOP 100 of the greatest games of the decade! Go enjoy: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243705/celebrating-10-years-of-vgcs-greatest-games-event/

EDIT: Ah, you linked there yourself.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 November 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 November 2020

dane007 said: "A List"

I think you're supposed to....wait, you can't do series and we're not doing it yet. Almost all of your entries are  'series'

Last edited by Runa216 - on 02 November 2020

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I can change the series one when it starts. My bad. I thought I missed it as I saw another thread with a list of games throughout the years. Didn't want to miss out! 

Runa216 said:

dane007 said:
[list]

I think you're supposed to....wait, you can't do series and we're not doing it yet. Almost all of your entries are  'series'

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 02 November 2020

Don't put games on your list because you please other users with it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

dane007 said:

[... list ...]

Yeah, sorry, this thread is for sign-up, the official thread for your list will be up soon. The 10 years celebration is because the event already runs for a decade and mzuzek has put up this compilation to celebrate this.

Anyways, once the official thread is up, you can post your list there.You can post your list at once or each day one game. In any case, make only one post and edit that if you put up one game each day. Also it might be helpful, if you send your list to mzuzek beforehand as direct message, as he compiles an overall list early next year. Also, as others mentioned, no series, only single games. And mzuzek wants the platform(s) you played said game on, to compile platform specific lists. Sorry, quite a few rules to consider as a newcomer.

The rules are laid out here: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9230313

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]