By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Mar1217 said:
Fuchigole said:
Sign me in!
I have easy choices from 1 to 25, from 26 to 5 will be hard to pick.

Huuuh, funny perspective, I thought it'd be the inverse here. The Top 10's are always the hardest to chose from usually.

It can go both ways. The higher up games can be very easy to pick because you know you love them, but they're hard to rank. Lower games might be easier to rank, but it's hard picking them from a (probable) myriad of games you have that could fit the list.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Mar1217 said:

Huuuh, funny perspective, I thought it'd be the inverse here. The Top 10's are always the hardest to chose from usually.

It can go both ways. The higher up games can be very easy to pick because you know you love them, but they're hard to rank. Lower games might be easier to rank, but it's hard picking them from a (probable) myriad of games you have that could fit the list.

I can certainly imagine flushing part of the Top 41-50 easily on my hand luckily. The difficult personally comes to what ranking tier will I put these new games here ....

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Finally managed to finish my own list... I think. Had to make some tough calls, don't really feel certain about many of them, but it is what it is. Gotta reach a decision at some point.

This is obviously just to bump the thread, anyway. We need more people here!

my top 50 games

mZuzek said:

Finally managed to finish my own list... I think. Had to make some tough calls, don't really feel certain about many of them, but it is what it is. Gotta reach a decision at some point.

This is obviously just to bump the thread, anyway. We need more people here!

i have my titles selected. Now the hard part is ordering them from best to less best. xD

I'll prolly compile mine this evening and see what will change. Not expecting to see much groundbreaking new additions in the list.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I managed to compile a list of games and ordered them to about 20. I think that certain criteria, i.e. the quality of the game, the impact the game had on me, and how well the game holds up to modern standards, etc., helps me to narrow it down a bit.

Sign me up. I wasn't sure if I had time this year, but I can't just let a three-year streak go to waste.

Sure, I'll sign up. It's been a while and it'll be nice to participate in a thread where slagging off [redacted] won't be tempting.

I still don't much care for the 'no compilations' rule, becuase it means a tonne of my entries will be expanded (for example: all three donkey Kong Country SNES games deserve a slot on my top 50 list, but that gets redundant so I either chose one to represent the trilogy or omit the others or have a tonne of repeats.) A lot of my faves are like 'the pokemon series' or 'all of Rock Band as one collective game'.

That said, I think I can make this work. This list will be vastly different from my personal top 50 (As my top 10 includes like 20 games due to the aforementioned collection fixation), but it should be good.

So yeah, I guess sign me up.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

I'm sure a lot of you have seen it by now, but I just posted a special thread celebrating the event's 10 year anniversary! You can check it out here.

Here's to another fun event this year!

my top 50 games

Hey everyone, mZuzek had made the effort to create a thread to celebrate the last 10 years of the greatest game event. Complete with a TOP 100 of the greatest games of the decade! Go enjoy: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243705/celebrating-10-years-of-vgcs-greatest-games-event/

EDIT: Ah, you linked there yourself.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 November 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]