I've streamlined the rules a bit this year, but if you've participated in this before, it's still mostly the same as it's been in the past. If this is your first time, though, please do give them a read!
• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your top 50 ever games, one each day:
• On November 12th, you will post your 50th favorite game.
• On November 13th, you will post your 49th favorite game.
• This will continue until December 31st, when you will post your #1 game of all time.
• If this sounds a bit too daunting, you don't need to come here every day, of course! It's totally fine if you have to miss out on a few days. If that happens, just do some catching up and update your list up to the point everyone else's gotten to.
• If you just want to post your top 50 straight away without taking part in the daily interactions, that's okay too, but only if you post the list on the Official thread or message it to me directly. If you post it anywhere else, it won't be accepted.
What games can you pick?
• You can pick any game for any system. It doesn't matter if it's a mobile game, single-player or multiplayer, free-to-play, everything is allowed! ...With a few exceptions, explained below:
• Games that release after October 31st, 2020 will not be allowed.
• This means no Cyberpunk 2077, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Demon's Souls remake, and so on.
• This also means you're not allowed to list any game exclusively for PS5 and/or Xbox Series X/S. However, you can list a game for these platforms if you've also played it on a different system before (just don't lie!).
• Game collections/compilations are also not allowed.
• This means you can't list something like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and instead should list each of the games in it separately.
• Fanmade games are allowed, but mods aren't.
• Expansions, DLCs, or anything of the sort will be included with their base game, so you can't list those separately.
• Remakes, remasters, definitive editions, or anything of the sort should also not be listed separately from their original release.
• However, certain remakes that differ from the original considerably are allowed. This includes, for example, Final Fantasy VII Remake, the Resident Evil remakes and the Metroid remakes. Meanwhile, the Pokémon remakes, Zelda remakes and many more, aren't considered separate games. This works on a game-by-game basis - if you're unsure about a specific title, ask me!
Things you should do:
• Please include the platforms you've played each game on (and only those you've played on!). Even if it is an exclusive, list the platform, it helps me out a lot!
• Reboots often have the same names as their originals. If you have one such game on your list, please specify whether it is the reboot or the original, or add information on the release year.
• For your ONE POST in the Official thread, please don't include images or descriptions. Keep your list clean and to the point - if you want to show images or talk about your favorite games at length, the Discussion thread is the place for that.
• Whenever you finish your list, please send it to me via PM as soon as possible! The earlier I have it, the earlier I can start working on the results thread.
• If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
• However, if you sent me your list via PM, please message me again with the new alterations, otherwise I'll be using the outdated list.
If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
Links to the past:
2010: Sign-Ups / Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2011: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2012: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2013: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2014: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2015: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2016: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2017: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2018: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2019: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2010-2019 Decade Celebration!!