By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Look At The PS5's UI!

From Playstation Blog:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/15/first-look-playstation-5s-next-generation-user-experience/

Around the Network

sweet!!

Surprise!

It looks very slick. Hopefully those "cards" in the quick menu can be customised heavily.

Also, I still don't like that there's only one row on the home screen. I don't want it to be like the full XMB, but being able to split games and media would be awesome.

Looks fine.

Around the Network

Here's what I wanna know...

Can I remove programs that I don't use from my home screen? Are streaming programs like Netflix, and Crunchyroll going to get their own space on the home screen? Or will they still be buried in the "T.V. App". Will advertised games still automatically download, and place themselves on my homescreen, without my permission?

Definitely going to take some getting used to, but it looks sleek and minimal, just the way I like it. I do kinda like the themes of the PS4 over the gameplay just sorta hovering in the background, but it's the launch UI, it'll change over time.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Cerebralbore101 said:
Here's what I wanna know...

Can I remove programs that I don't use from my home screen? Are streaming programs like Netflix, and Crunchyroll going to get their own space on the home screen? Or will they still be buried in the "T.V. App". Will advertised games still automatically download, and place themselves on my homescreen, without my permission?

These are all very good questions. I definitely want to know more about this, as well. I hate having stuff in places I don't want it. On Ps4 I spend a long time sorting my games and dicking around with shit. Not fun. Not pretty. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

It looks good! I wish they showed more though.

Glad they're sticking with XMB, it works well. I like the new cards feature and the way you can jump back in to a particular part of a game if you're missing a trophy or want to replay a particular section of a game. The jumping into a friends game straight from the card looks really straight forward now. Bit Steam-like, no messing around with menus and the sharing to party is a bit reminds me of Discord sharing. Lots of modern features we take advantage on PC now on consoles. Can't complain about that. The tips and hints and PIP modes are pretty cool too.

And the speed in the UI browsing is indefinitely faster and smoother than PS4. Which is what I wanted to see.