Forums - Sony Discussion - First Look At The PS5's UI!

Just making the OS faster is enough to make it better than the PS4 UI. The PS4's OS felt very clunky and slow at times, especially when dealing with the Store and god forbid you ever open the media app menu by accident.

Last edited by Raven - on 15 October 2020

Around the Network

I overlooked this detail until an hour ago when I rewatched the video. It's on 2:01. Could this be the "Quick Resume" people have been asking about? Or just some other unexplained feature?

EDIT: Someone on Reddit noted that when the PS5 is about to be put on Rest Mode, it says it'll "suspend your games". It still doesn't fully confirms a "Quick Resume" like Xbox's, but it'll be interesting to know more about it.

Last edited by Mr_No - on 15 October 2020

eva01beserk said:
Am I the only one who still does not give an f about any non gaming fetures on my gaming console? Dont get me wrong the cards are potentially awesome if done properly. Jumping in to specific parts of games with a know objective and even hints could be great. But aside from that I would have wished the console go back to the ps3 folder days. All my games here and if I dont care about anything else I dont even have to see anything else. Here it looks like it might be in your face all the time. Hopefully it can be turned off or adjusted.

I use some non-gaming features on PS3 and PS4 but I would gladly buy a PS5 that only have games, no menu at all, turn on and it will load the game on the disc. Would save a lot of RAM, HDD and processing power that could be used to push the games further or save on costs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

As long as it's fluid and responsive, I'm happy. The additional features are nice, but I doubt I'll see much use for many of them. The background changing dynamically is neat but what if I want it to be static? I hope that's possible. It was fun to take screenshots in games on PS4 and use them as backgrounds on the home screen.

eva01beserk said:
Am I the only one who still does not give an f about any non gaming fetures on my gaming console? Dont get me wrong the cards are potentially awesome if done properly. Jumping in to specific parts of games with a know objective and even hints could be great. But aside from that I would have wished the console go back to the ps3 folder days. All my games here and if I dont care about anything else I dont even have to see anything else. Here it looks like it might be in your face all the time. Hopefully it can be turned off or adjusted.

I use one feature. Screenshots t share the games. Other than that I only use game consoles to play games. I have a Roku and Smart TV and that already seems redundant enough. Same thing in the PS2 era. "it plays DVDs" I had a DVD player at the time. I will admit the novelty of taking Dreamcast to a browser was cool in 1999. It was cool you could make a phone call from your Dreamcast. It was cool it had a digital camera/camcorder in 2000 but at the end of the day. I just ant to play games. I think most people have a Roku/Apple TV and/or Smart TV. Who the hell uses a browser on a console with our phones, tablets, and laptops nowadays. Aside from only 30-second videos and only 720P screen captures. Switch does it right. Keep it simple. Play games. Guess what? I also don't need a browser on a Fridge. (that idea has been around since 1998 lol,never takes off but they still try)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I hope we can customise what we want to see on screen

KratosLives said:
I hope we can customise what we want to see on screen

PS5 will bring back overlays in the box just like the Magnavox Odyssey. Sneak peek at the Demon Souls overlay!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!