By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Look At The PS5's UI!

Snappy UI. I like the screensharing too.

I could see it being useful in a faux-couch split screen multiplayer from time to time.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Neat. A lot of stuff but I won't use any of it. Funny now how Sony and Nintendo have such similar UIs.

Seems as though they've also adopted that snap feature Xbox used to have but left on the side of the road during the TV,TV,TV era. Sony picked it up and actually put games in it.

Hopefully MS brings it back. Looks cool if not very functional most of the time.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Here's what I wanna know...

Can I remove programs that I don't use from my home screen? Are streaming programs like Netflix, and Crunchyroll going to get their own space on the home screen? Or will they still be buried in the "T.V. App". Will advertised games still automatically download, and place themselves on my homescreen, without my permission?

Look at the homescreen, on the top there is media, thats where all the other apps are going to be

hinch said:

I didn't think about that. Like if a game had cards to game modes that took you straight into that particular lobby, that would be sweet.

Exactly. Currently, it takes forever to start a match in TLOU Factions for instance because you have to boot the game to main menu, choose Multiplayer, wait while it's connecting to servers, choose which mode to play, then enter lobby and start matchmaking.

The cards in control center could potentially eliminate all that.

Sony's approach is getting really freaking annoying drip-feeding of content. Obviously, they have a Nice UI and are doing something good. The way they keep hiding and barely showing anything is worrisome. Notice, how they avoid showing any load time in today's demo.

Nice take away from the demo: they seem to have a quick resume system, like the picture in picture, and being able to see what your friend is doing, the UI was very clean and seem snappy. Not really a fan of the card system, seem like it will be used to push DLC and other paid content.

Looks like both Xbox and Sony are going to give their userbase a much better player experience compared to last gen.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
Sony's approach is getting really freaking annoying drip-feeding of content. Obviously, they have a Nice UI and are doing something good. The way they keep hiding and barely showing anything is worrisome. Notice, how they avoid showing any load time in today's demo.

Nice take away from the demo: they seem to have a quick resume system, like the picture in picture, and being able to see what your friend is doing, the UI was very clean and seem snappy. Not really a fan of the card system, seem like it will be used to push DLC and other paid content.

Looks like both Xbox and Sony are going to give their userbase a much better player experience compared to last gen.

With less than a month till launch, let's hope they'll open the floodgates.

Last edited by Replicant - on 15 October 2020

What a cool bunch of stuff I'm gonna turn off the moment I boot up the system.

Seriously, this looks intrusive as fuck xD

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 15 October 2020

Eh its looks fine. The command central is basically a less streamlined Xbox guide.

Those features are really impressive, I love how quick a friend can share his live gameplay and the whole card features. Can't wait to go more into depth with this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

My first impression of this was really poor because the way to start a new game was nowhere to be found, so I feared it would be after all that stuff I don't care about and even if I did, it would still make it unnecessarily hard to get to starting a new game. Then the video showed that games are in a different view altogether, and now it all makes sense. I certainly like what I'm seeing, although I would still prefer a more minimalistic style (right now there's graphics everywhere, which doesn't look very classy - which incidentally clashes with the 'classy' look of the console itself).

Runa216 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

the PS Store no longer being an app and being just a part of the UI is the best change imo, thank god because the PS Store on PS4 is ass and is so fucking slow

You sure about that? I never had any issues with it. PS3? For sure. The PS3's store was trash, but the PS4's was speedy and zippy for me. Might have taken a couple seconds to boot, but after that, no problems. 

I hate the current Store. It's slow on PS4, and it's slow on PC (and it also doesn't even work very well if at all on PC, unless it's finally been fixed). It's probably even worse on PS3. How is it slow? Things take a fairly long time to load, opening the Store page of e.g. a game has way too many sections where's it slow to find what you're interested in, navigating back from e.g. DLC takes you can to the top of the slow game page, and searching letter by letter is annoying on consoles. (On PC, search is just fine.) The original PS3 Store was ugly but it was very fast and functional. The current one is pretty but possibly the most annoying online store experience I've used. I have high hopes for the new Store.