By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2020 thread: Switch 670K, PS4 160K, XBO 91K

Mbolibombo said:
noshten said:

Effing Xbox screwing my prediction by selling more than expected. 

Wonder how high Switch can go in the holiday quarter.. can it top DS peak in North America? That would be like 6M sales in the final three months of the year with the biggest new title being Age of Calamity. With enough Animal Crossing bundle sales, Fortnite bundle sales, Ring Fit supply... it's possible even without a major 1st Party holiday title. Pokemon expansion could also help 

Anyways doesn't seem like Western AAA 3rd Parties have anything lined up, their loss this holiday - madness really, at least Koei Tecmo is about to have their best selling title in the US by a considerable margin. Must be fun in the executive board rooms, as only Ubisoft has a AA game dated for this holiday on the system - Immortals: Fenyx Rising. Square still hasn't updated us on Bravely Default 2 but the longer we wait the less likely we are to see it in 2020. Can't really think of anything else. 

At least indies and smaller studios are enjoying the success, Hades is probably the best new game I've played in 2020.  

Immortals is definately a AAA game. But yeah, so much missed opportunity here.. record breaking hardware sales and big publishers shy away from releasing games on it. Super weird and bad business. Doom Eternal might make it also - might. But that's it for AAA games from third parties I think.. Unless there's something sneaky getting a reveal at a partner direct that should air next week or the one after that.

Melody of Memory should do well I guess, it's a Kingdom Hearts game after all :P But not a AAA game.

And yes, Hades is definately the best game I've played released in 2020 across all platforms. Damn fine game.

What are the best selling 3rd party titles on Switch? I mean, aside from Minecraft, of course.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
Mbolibombo said:

Immortals is definately a AAA game. But yeah, so much missed opportunity here.. record breaking hardware sales and big publishers shy away from releasing games on it. Super weird and bad business. Doom Eternal might make it also - might. But that's it for AAA games from third parties I think.. Unless there's something sneaky getting a reveal at a partner direct that should air next week or the one after that.

Melody of Memory should do well I guess, it's a Kingdom Hearts game after all :P But not a AAA game.

And yes, Hades is definately the best game I've played released in 2020 across all platforms. Damn fine game.

What are the best selling 3rd party titles on Switch? I mean, aside from Minecraft, of course.

I think Mario+Rabbids if you consider it as a tp, otherwise Skyrim, FIFA18/19, Crash N.Sane Trilogy and maybe also The Witcher 3

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
chakkra said:

I think Mario+Rabbids if you consider it as a tp, otherwise Skyrim, FIFA18/19, Crash N.Sane Trilogy and maybe also The Witcher 3

Don't forget Stardew Valley or Rocket League. They've had crazy legs on the Eshop charts and have no doubt amassed a couple of million sales.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

Don't forget Stardew Valley or Rocket League. They've had crazy legs on the Eshop charts and have no doubt amassed a couple of million sales.

Damn, you're right, I forgot indie and "only downloadable" games. I wonder if Ori BF, Ori WotW, Cuphead and Undertale made that achievement, too.

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
chakkra said:

I see.. Thanks.

Around the Network
AlbiNecroxz said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Damn, you're right, I forgot indie and "only downloadable" games. I wonder if Ori BF, Ori WotW, Cuphead and Undertale made that achievement, too.

Probably too early for Will of the Wisps, but yea the others would have hit at least a million I'd imagine. Hollow Knight is definetely also up there and Enter the Gungeon was confirmed to have sold 1 million quite a while ago.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I really wonder if Nintendo will be aggressive this holiday season or not. Switch will be only 100$ less than the PS5 DE and the same price as the Series S which is CRAZY to think about. They did a MK8 bundle last year with the same price tag, i think they might do the same but for 250$ and we will definitely have a price cut next year i think around March.

Marth said:
chakkra said:

Aside from things others mentioned and since we are in a NPD thread:

Mortal Kombat 11

How about Dragon Quest 11 S?

xMetroid said:
I really wonder if Nintendo will be aggressive this holiday season or not. Switch will be only 100$ less than the PS5 DE and the same price as the Series S which is CRAZY to think about. They did a MK8 bundle last year with the same price tag, i think they might do the same but for 250$ and we will definitely have a price cut next year i think around March.

I highly Doubt we're gonna see any sort if price cut of the Switch anytime soon unless Switch sales start drop like a cliff. Switch is on pace to sell 30Million this year which is unprecedented for a console and record breaking, Nintendo has no reason to cut the price of a system that already has an insane amount of demand and is flying off store shelves. Price cuts for consoles usually happen when demand is dropping or a console is struggling.

AlbiNecroxz said:
chakkra said:

Likewise if you consider it third party, Octopath Traveler would be up there, probably also Untitled Goose Game, Diablo III, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, some of the LEGO and Just Dance games.