By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Teardown Video

Around the Network
Leynos said:
I feel like I need an engineering degree just to lay this console flat. Like why?

If you need an engineering degree to remove one simple screw then I don't think the console is the problem here. 

It's cool to see that it definitely has WiFi 6. Now I know for sure how PSVR2 will connect to it.

Blood_Tears said:
Leynos said:
I feel like I need an engineering degree just to lay this console flat. Like why?

If you need an engineering degree to remove one simple screw then I don't think the console is the problem here. 

It's a flat head too, you can literally do it with a knife for people that don't have tools lying around. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Impressive cooling focus on this thing. PS5 is half heat sink.
Pretty easy to get into.
Glad they finally confirmed the changeable face plates. Now all that remains is to know the price for custom ones. Im sure there will be a ton of third party versions very affordable.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Blood_Tears said:

It's a flat head too, you can literally do it with a knife for people that don't have tools lying around. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

You can see that the design principles and entire focus were to keep it cool, quiet and easily customizable.

Wifi 6, Liquid Metal, the Heatsink and the UHD drive encased in metal seem to be the surprising takeaways.

I don't know much about electronics, but this is so fascinating to me. I'm really digging the cooling system. My PS4 Pro is not even a year and a half old yet and it's already run hot sometimes and gotten noisy every once in a while. Thankfully, it's never force-stopped due to overheating.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

And they wanna sell for $400(digital model) like this, the whole cooling solution equipment looks a lot expensive.

Blood_Tears said:
Leynos said:

Point is, the console is way over-designed. It should be nothing more than tipping it to the side. It's a shit design. Worse than Bray Wyatt's goofy mask.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!