Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Teardown Video

Hynad said:
LivingMetal said:
Ahhh... @6:10, Liquid Metal. I know that guy.

Square-Enix co-developing the PS5 confirmed!

That explains the FF16 console exclusive :P

It's pretty amazing how Sony thought up of a lot of little things when designing this.  (ie. like the holes that will collect dust etc..)

Around the Network

I see Team Xbox is still pretty butthurt after all of these years after the sickest burn in video game history LOL:

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1313829244032647168?s=20

https://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/how-to-share-used-playstation-4-games

Hynad said:
LivingMetal said:
Ahhh... @6:10, Liquid Metal. I know that guy.

Square-Enix co-developing the PS5 confirmed!

lol i never thought of that. Actually the T1000 came to mind when i saw it, you know from the terminator.

As someone who literally just tore down their PS4, like a full 100% teardown cleaned the dust and replaced the thermal paste with MX4.

I can't put into words how big of a step up in literally every department the construction of this thing is. Huge.

No more tiny blower fan.
No more tiny heatsink.
No bare, loud disk drive.
My PS4's paste was basically all gone, LIQUID METAL is crazy.

10/10 guys. really.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

It's interesting that the memory modules are on the opposite side of the GPU die. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Nvidia also did that with part of their Vram for their 3090 to accommodate the extra Vram.

vs Series X

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

So it really does have liquid metal cooling.

Quite an interesting solution. And the heatsink is huge.

Captain_Yuri said:

It's interesting that the memory modules are on the opposite side of the GPU die. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Nvidia also did that with part of their Vram for their 3090 to accommodate the extra Vram.

vs Series X

Sony like putting the memory modules on the back of the PCB. they did it with the PS4 too, It doesn't really make a difference but I do like seeing everything on the same side.

I'm glad that I won't be getting a PS5 for a while, hopefully, they can have all the cooling and what seems to be a quiet console in a PS5 Slim.

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:
I'm glad that I won't be getting a PS5 for a while, hopefully, they can have all the cooling and what seems to be a quiet console in a PS5 Slim.

Did you watch the teardown?

ArchangelMadzz said:
yvanjean said:

Did you watch the teardown?

Of course, I saw the massive cooling system and combine it with a very large fan. I wonder what the eventual slim version will look like? 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA