By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Teardown Video

I see Team Xbox is still pretty butthurt after all of these years after the sickest burn in video game history LOL:

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1313829244032647168?s=20

https://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/how-to-share-used-playstation-4-games

Around the Network
Hynad said:
LivingMetal said:
Ahhh... @6:10, Liquid Metal. I know that guy.

Square-Enix co-developing the PS5 confirmed!

lol i never thought of that. Actually the T1000 came to mind when i saw it, you know from the terminator.

As someone who literally just tore down their PS4, like a full 100% teardown cleaned the dust and replaced the thermal paste with MX4.

I can't put into words how big of a step up in literally every department the construction of this thing is. Huge.

No more tiny blower fan.
No more tiny heatsink.
No bare, loud disk drive.
My PS4's paste was basically all gone, LIQUID METAL is crazy.

10/10 guys. really.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

It's interesting that the memory modules are on the opposite side of the GPU die. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Nvidia also did that with part of their Vram for their 3090 to accommodate the extra Vram.

vs Series X

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

It's interesting that the memory modules are on the opposite side of the GPU die. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Nvidia also did that with part of their Vram for their 3090 to accommodate the extra Vram.

vs Series X

Sony like putting the memory modules on the back of the PCB. they did it with the PS4 too, It doesn't really make a difference but I do like seeing everything on the same side.

Around the Network

I'm glad that I won't be getting a PS5 for a while, hopefully, they can have all the cooling and what seems to be a quiet console in a PS5 Slim.

yvanjean said:
I'm glad that I won't be getting a PS5 for a while, hopefully, they can have all the cooling and what seems to be a quiet console in a PS5 Slim.

Did you watch the teardown?

ArchangelMadzz said:
yvanjean said:

Of course, I saw the massive cooling system and combine it with a very large fan. I wonder what the eventual slim version will look like? 

yvanjean said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Of course, I saw the massive cooling system and combine it with a very large fan. I wonder what the eventual slim version will look like? 

Oh my apologies I misread your initial message. 

I have no idea but it will have to be a complete redesign to be adequately cooled and be smaller. Maybe silicon revisions could make the chips produce less heat meaning they can achieve the same sound and thermal results in a smaller build.

I feel like I need an engineering degree just to lay this console flat. Like why?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!