Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Teardown Video

About as large as any high end GPU cooler if not bigger. Surely going overkill to ensure the thing is quiet in action.

Around the Network
hinch said:

About as large as any high end GPU cooler if not bigger. Surely going overkill to ensure the thing is quiet in action.

Liquid metal, huge heatsink, dust traps, vibration dampeners... they surely went all in on it.

haxxiy said:
hinch said:

Liquid metal, huge heatsink, dust traps, vibration dampeners... they surely went all in on it.

Easy to access SSD tray, easy to remove wings. 

This is actually a very user friendly design. I dunno why but the dust traps are great. love it. and liquid metal cooling... damn

It the PS5 really that big, or is that Asian guy that small?

haxxiy said:
hinch said:

Yeah its crazy. For $400/500 for this level of engineering, parts and build...

Looking forward to custom sideplates too.

Around the Network

Ahhh... @6:10, Liquid Metal. I know that guy.

Surprisingly easy to get into and replace the ssd looks to be the standard form factor. Great job Sony.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

LivingMetal said:
Ahhh... @6:10, Liquid Metal. I know that guy.

Square-Enix co-developing the PS5 confirmed!

Monstrosity

It's as wide as his chest and goes from his nose to his waist!

But the amount of cooling is insane. They are doing everything they can to prevent it from sounding like a jet engine.

SW-3707-5131-3911