By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

ARamdomGamer said:
Runa216 said:
This thread is a sobering reminder that you can't please everyone and that some people will complain regardless of what a company puts out.

care to elaborate?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
vivster said:

Good for you if you're excited. For me this'll be the first time in a long while I'm not going to get a console at launch, because there is absolutely no reason to.

Out of curiousity what did you get an Xbox One or PS4 for, presuming you got it at launch?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw Infamous Second Son. 

The main thing for sony is that this Lineup is lightyears more compelling then PS4's and probably twice as many exclusives.

PS4 only had Driveclub, Knack, LBP3, Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous Second Son in its first year.

Runa216 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

care to elaborate?

Given that the self-awareness is below 0 at this point, I'll throw a bone.

ARamdomGamer said:
Runa216 said:

care to elaborate?

Oh, heavens no. My self-awareness is quite keen and I knew exactly what it was that you were getting at but I needed you to say it so I didn't look like I was just assuming. 

There's a world of difference between the PS5 and Xbox Series X launch windows, and a world of difference between the legacy of both console manufacturers and their respective success over the past generation. Reality doesn't really favour the Xbox, even though in 'debate' on here it seems that two wholly unequal sides of the argument are expected to be presented as equals. 

I laugh at your assertion that I'm a hypocrite for finding Sony's output is more diverse and has a better pedigree backing up its hype levels than Xbox. I laugh at it, and I laugh at you for being dense enough to assume these things are the same. The disparity between the quality and diversity between Xbox's last gen and Playstation's last gen is so extreme that it functions as its own allegory for how one-sided it is. I don't need to make up comparisons to food or movies or other media or other marketplaces to show how hilariously one-sided this fight is. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

it looks good enough I would say, but we'll have to wait for release dates and games quality before calling it anything more than that

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

ARamdomGamer said:
Runa216 said:

care to elaborate?

As right as you are, all this is going to do is egg him on and ruin this perfectly good thread with console war bs. He obviously gets off on this kind of stuff, so it's better to not get him started. 

Runa216 said:

Oh, heavens no. My self-awareness is quite keen and I knew exactly what it was that you were getting at but I needed you to say it so I didn't look like I was just assuming. 

There's a world of difference between the PS5 and Xbox Series X launch windows, and a world of difference between the legacy of both console manufacturers and their respective success over the past generation. Reality doesn't really favour the Xbox, even though in 'debate' on here it seems that two wholly unequal sides of the argument are expected to be presented as equals. 

I laugh at your assertion that I'm a hypocrite for finding Sony's output is more diverse and has a better pedigree backing up its hype levels than Xbox. I laugh at it, and I laugh at you for being dense enough to assume these things are the same. The disparity between the quality and diversity between Xbox's last gen and Playstation's last gen is so extreme that it functions as its own allegory for how one-sided it is. I don't need to make up comparisons to food or movies or other media or other marketplaces to show how hilariously one-sided this fight is. 

Btw, just for the sake of curiosity: What do you think about paper mario: the origami king ost? Just an experiment i want to make.

ARamdomGamer said:
Runa216 said:

care to elaborate?

smroadkill15 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

As right as you are, all this is going to do is egg him on and ruin this perfectly good thread with console war bs. He obviously gets off on this kind of stuff, so it's better to not get him started. 

The hilarious thing is that I genuinely didn't even care about the console wars until about 6 months ago since I had a PS4 from launch and an Xbox One within a year or two of launch. The concept of fighting over which console was better was absolutely inane and I chose not to engage. 

But now? It feels like I'm arguing with people who think McDonalds is better than Gordon Ramsay's Burgr. But hey, I didn't start it this time. I was just extolling the virtues of an outstandingly good first year of a console I'm excited for while being baffled at anyone who says that it doesn't look good. But hey, apparently seeing value in one thing and not another is the same as hypocrisy! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX