By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

Finale said:
Runa216 said:

Oh, heavens no. My self-awareness is quite keen and I knew exactly what it was that you were getting at but I needed you to say it so I didn't look like I was just assuming. 

There's a world of difference between the PS5 and Xbox Series X launch windows, and a world of difference between the legacy of both console manufacturers and their respective success over the past generation. Reality doesn't really favour the Xbox, even though in 'debate' on here it seems that two wholly unequal sides of the argument are expected to be presented as equals. 

I laugh at your assertion that I'm a hypocrite for finding Sony's output is more diverse and has a better pedigree backing up its hype levels than Xbox. I laugh at it, and I laugh at you for being dense enough to assume these things are the same. The disparity between the quality and diversity between Xbox's last gen and Playstation's last gen is so extreme that it functions as its own allegory for how one-sided it is. I don't need to make up comparisons to food or movies or other media or other marketplaces to show how hilariously one-sided this fight is. 

Btw, just for the sake of curiosity: What do you think about paper mario: the origami king ost? Just an experiment i want to make.

I haven't played it so I have absolutely no opinion on the matter. I'm sure I'll get a chance to try it out some time in the future, but previous Paper Mario games had pretty good OSTs, so I imagine it'll at least be competent. 

What's your experiment? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Finale said:

Btw, just for the sake of curiosity: What do you think about paper mario: the origami king ost? Just an experiment i want to make.

I haven't played it so I have absolutely no opinion on the matter. I'm sure I'll get a chance to try it out some time in the future, but previous Paper Mario games had pretty good OSTs, so I imagine it'll at least be competent. 

What's your experiment? 

Ah,i just wanted people with different tastes to opinate about it, so i just used this thread in a way. I also want to confront it with some other people's takes on it.

Finale said:
Runa216 said:

What's your experiment? 

Ah,i just wanted people with different tastes to opinate about it, so i just used this thread in a way. I also want to confront it with some other people's takes on it.

Sorry I couldn't help! I've heard good things about the game but I'm too tapped out with how awesome PS5's launch and first year lineup are looking. I can't even get Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity this november if I want Demon's Souls. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

While I admit that there is plenty of quality and quantity here, for my personal tastes this feels pretty lacking.

PS5 games that I'm interested in (including third party titles):

Horizon 2
Sackboy
Demon's Souls
Ratchet and Clank
Hogwarts Legacy
Kena

Four of them (the ones I'm more excited for btw) will be on my perfectly functional PS4 Pro and another one will obviously end up on other platforms no matter what Sony tries to claim. That leaves me with just one game that only gets me remotely excited because at this point it's the closest thing to a new Jak and Daxter game that we will ever get from Sony.

So... Yeah. It doesn't look great for me. I'm glad for the other 99% of the people who really are into each and every one of the Sony exclusives and multiplatform games shown so far xD

This is what happens when you have strong first party franchises MOSTLY built from the ground up.

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 06 October 2020

Around the Network

God of War: Ragnarok coming out in a year has me hyped as hell. Then there's Demon's Souls, Horizon: Forbidden West, Ratchet and Clank, Kena, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Legacy, Village and Mass Effect Remaster to look forward to.

This is much better opening than the PS3 or PS4 ever had. Can't wait. Also makes me wonder what game NaughtyDog is working on now.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 October 2020

ARamdomGamer said:
Runa216 said:
This thread is a sobering reminder that you can't please everyone and that some people will complain regardless of what a company puts out.

Really, no point to this. Not everything to has to be a console war. Consider this a general warning to everyone tempted to comment. Nothing further. No last minute jabs, no nothing. 

hinch said:

God of War: Ragnarok coming out in a year has me hyped as hell. Then there's Demon's Souls, Horizon: Forbidden West, Ratchet and Clank, Kena, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Legacy, Village and Mass Effect Remaster to look forward to.

This is much better opening than the PS3 or PS4 ever had. Can't wait. Also makes me wonder what game NaughtyDog is working on now.

I'm still hoping beyond hope ME: Remaster gets a changed decent ending. I think if they want to reboot the franchise, that's what they need to do. We want to keep exploring the universe we grew to love, not go to a whole new one, but the ending to 3 made that impossible.

Also I bought Horizon like 10 months ago, lost it, and just found it. So, excited to finally try it. Maybe that will make me hyped for Forbidden West.

It is completely meh to me. PS4 was meh too, didn't buy at launch. Switch was meh until about a year ago, now it is on the list to buy. XB1 is still meh 7 years in!

JWeinCom said:
hinch said:

I'm still hoping beyond hope ME: Remaster gets a changed decent ending. I think if they want to reboot the franchise, that's what they need to do. We want to keep exploring the universe we grew to love, not go to a whole new one, but the ending to 3 made that impossible.

Also I bought Horizon like 10 months ago, lost it, and just found it. So, excited to finally try it. Maybe that will make me hyped for Forbidden West.

Yeah, if they do an alternate ending like a directors cut, I will throw money at my screen. Like the series was almost perfect but that ending lul.. EA really should continue the franchise as a sequel and not a spinoff or prequel. I mean I liked Andromeda for what it was, and despite the criticisms it was a decent game but I think people want Shep back.

And the same thing happened to me lol. Will have to repick it up again but from what I played it was great. There's still a lot of time until the next game so time to catch up xP