By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

mjk45 said:
Leynos said:

Zone of the Enders 3

Skies of Arcadia 2

Omega Boost remake

Jet Set Radio 3

Virtua Fighter 6

Metal Gear Rising 2

VanQuish 2

Binary Domain 2

Take your pick of any one of those. :P

BEEP wrong answer -8pts  so far we have JWeinCom leading with minus 1 from Leynos with a pitiful minus 8 , so it looks like such an easy question needs a clue , hint it's very announcement became a meme . 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Nope no good at all but with the addition one game it could be perfect now who can guess that game?

Are you talking about Knack 3?

mjk45 said:
Leynos said:

Zone of the Enders 3

Skies of Arcadia 2

Omega Boost remake

Jet Set Radio 3

Virtua Fighter 6

Metal Gear Rising 2

VanQuish 2

Binary Domain 2

Take your pick of any one of those. :P

BEEP wrong answer -8pts  so far we have JWeinCom leading with minus 1 from Leynos with a pitiful minus 8 , so it looks like such an easy question needs a clue , hint it's very announcement became a meme . 

I lead with a score of 9999. Or 9/9/99 if you will. The greatest date in human history.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Runa216 said:

God of War is a sequel to the best-selling and most beloved game in the God of War franchise, a weighty action-adventure game with RPG elements akin to Dark souls.

How? 

only reason i wanna buy ps5 day1 is demons souls,
spidey is a nice incentive
destruction all stars looks very intresting!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Runa216 said:

God of War is a sequel to the best-selling and most beloved game in the God of War franchise, a weighty action-adventure game with RPG elements akin to Dark souls.

How? 

Are you being serious right now? Have you not played God of War 2018? the combat feels weighty and balanced like Dark Souls (it actually is one of the main reasons I got into the game) and there's plenty of gear and weapon and special move customization that makes it RPG-like. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I feel a lot of the combat and overall play style of God of War was inspired heavily by Dark Souls. 

It sure as hell wasn't inspired by God of War 1-3 on PS2/3

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

LivncA_Dis3 said:
only reason i wanna buy ps5 day1 is demons souls,
spidey is a nice incentive
destruction all stars looks very intresting!

Demon's Souls and Spidey are the only games I'm getting at launch. My financial situation has left me in a rut where I gotta pick and choose what games I buy so I can't just get all the launch titles like I have wanted to in the past. I might get a total of 50 games on the PS5 over the course of its life (That's about how many games I played and beat on Ps4 in total despite owning like 300 games on there). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

NightlyPoe said:
Zombie9ers said:

The launch lineup is arguably the greatest in PlayStation history with:

• Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction Allstars
  • Marvel's Spider-Man:  Miles Morales
  • Sackboy:  A Big Adventure

That's not a very high bar.  Sony launches have been pretty lackluster since the beginning.  Except maybe the Vita.  Does the Vita count, because that's probably a couple steps above this.

Hardly any console launch set a high bar. Most consoles launch with 1 or 2 worthy exclusive games. Most of the rest are decent to good games that barely ups the bar compared to what is available late during the prior gen.

But frankly, fans of any given console brand will find reasons to love the launch output of games no matter what.

Good to know where the bar is in 2021. God of War, Horizon FW, GT7, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank. It’s a good lineup, can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

Edit: I wonder if sales of Deathloop and Ghostwire will be affected knowing that they are technically 1st party Xbox titles. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 07 October 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Good to know where the bar is in 2021. God of War, Horizon FW, GT7, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank. It’s a good lineup, can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

I wonder if sales of Deathloop and Ghostwire will be affected knowing that they are technically 1st party Xbox titles. 

Ah forgot about Returnal. Housemarque games always fall under the radar but I always enjoy their arcade like games. Adding that to the list to get as well lol.

Iirc Microsoft (Phil Spencer) did say they will honor the exclusivity deal set, so both will still remain a timed exclusive to PlayStation. So there isn't going to be much change there. It'll be the same for any other video game, people will just buy a game on whatever console its on.