By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's First Year Games Lineup Looks Amazing!

Manlytears said:
100% agree with you OP. PS5 first year looks amazing, IMHO, hands down the best selection of Exclusives/Timed exclusives.
Also, i'm truly amazed that Playstation didn't just cut support for PS4 final year to hold games for PS5, like Nintendo did with Wii U. Sony delivered a amazing 2020 and is set to deliver a amazing 2021, this all in times of Covid-19.

Yeah they could have easily held off releasing Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost for PS5 launch - but they didn't need to.  They've got such a steady stream of great games coming.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Exclusive wise, I'm only interested in Kena (which is timed), Ghostwire Tokyo (which is timed), Returnal, Horizon 2, and God of War 5, and I fully expect either Horizon 2 or God of War 5 to get delayed into 2022, Sony would be insane to release both games in the same year. I will wait on a Slim model in 2023 before I buy PS5 most likely, by then we will hopefully have a few more exclusives that interest me, like some JP exclusives, Spider-Man 2 with Peter Parker, and the rumored new Uncharted by Sony San Diego and San Mateo.

I thought Kena was exclusive.  I guess a longer wait for me then.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Runa216 said:
Leynos said:
It looks anemic. That list I could not find myself to care one single bit. Just so meh.

What WOULD make you want it? What kind of games do you like that's missing from this list? Do you just not care for any of the franchises represented? What ARE your tastes if no games on this list are to your desires? 

The kind I like. The kind I own on PS4,Switch and every other console I still own from the last 30+ years

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It really is a solid 1st year of games. As far as personal preference goes, Rachet and Clank, God of War: Ragnarok, Spider-man:MM, Horizon 2, and Returnal, all look great!

Runa216 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Took me 70 hours to beat. So I guess more like 10% cutscenes.

did you get the platinum trophy? Took me about 100 hours to get 100% on that game, so I'd still say it's about 5-6%. Didn't feel that much, though. And the cutscenes that ARE in the game are interwoven into the gameplay so flawlessly that it doesn't even feel like cutscenes half the time. a lot of the cutscenes still allow you to control your character while other characters dump exposition on you. Very little of the game is completely without your input. 

It was a similar playthrough for me to get 100% and I loved every minute of it. It was the GotG for me. Finally beating the Valkyrie Queen for the Plat to pop was a good feeling. lol  

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Runa216 said:

What WOULD make you want it? What kind of games do you like that's missing from this list? Do you just not care for any of the franchises represented? What ARE your tastes if no games on this list are to your desires? 

The kind I like. The kind I own on PS4,Switch and every other console I still own from the last 30+ years

and what would that be? This is the most nonanswery answer I think I've ever seen. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Leynos said:

and what would that be? This is the most nonanswery answer I think I've ever seen. 

On purpose, because you just seem to have the intent to interigate every reply in this thread not as excited as you. So eh

shikamaru317 said:

Exclusive wise, I'm only interested in Kena (which is timed), Ghostwire Tokyo (which is timed), Returnal, Horizon 2, and God of War 5, and I fully expect either Horizon 2 or God of War 5 to get delayed into 2022, Sony would be insane to release both games in the same year. I will wait on a Slim model in 2023 before I buy PS5 most likely, by then we will hopefully have a few more exclusives that interest me, like some JP exclusives, Spider-Man 2 with Peter Parker, and the rumored new Uncharted by Sony San Diego and San Mateo.

Why? 

They released at least two big first party games every year following the PS4 release 2014-2020.

shikamaru317 said:
Dallinor said:

Why? 

They released at least two big first party games every year following the PS4 release 2014-2020.

But they already have 4 big first party games scheduled for 2021 currently, Horizon 2, Gran Turismo 7, God of War 5, and Ratchet & Clank. That is total overkill, especially since they have 2 AAA timed hats releasing in 2021 as well, plus several smaller AA and A exclusives. Better to delay God of War and possibly one other to 2022 imo, because they likely have very little from 1st party studios coming in 2022, especially their AAA 1st party studios. Naughty Dog just released TLOU 2, they probably won't release their next game until 2023-2024. Sucker Punch just released Ghost of Tsushima, they probably won't release their next game until 2024. Maybe Bend can get Days Gone 2 out in 2022, but Sony's 2022 line-up would look much better with both Days Gone 2 and God of War 5.

I see no good reason for Sony to have an overkill year in 2021, that would hurt them in mores ways than one; their exclusives would end up competing against one another for sales, and it would hurt their 2022 line-up.

Eh, it seems that are taking the 2017 Switch approach. Unleash the beast in year 1 (sorta) to get a good running start esp when you look at XSX and not much in the way of exclusives to get and even bigger head start.

It looked amazing at first - almost to the point of being unsustainable, knowing Playstation 4's initial sluggishness with most of SIE's studios making big games for it. God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man Standalone Expansion, Sackboy spin-off, Demon's Souls Remake, Horizon ... that's just insane. I'll admit, even as someone who didn't really like the games Sony developed for Playstation 4 that much, this lineup was so impressive to me I thought to myself "great ... now I have to buy a new console again!"

Honestly though ... finding out a lot of these are coming to PS4, some of them most likely even to PC, and that Demon's Souls Remake looks baaaaaaad, really killed any hype I had. Don't get me wrong, they're still releasing what look like quality games at a very rapid pace - and I definitely respect that. But honestly, this just feels like a more exaggerated version of the PS3 to PS4 transition, where a lot of the most acclaimed content was coming on PS3 and wasn't made for PS4 - only difference is now a lot of people will be sold on a PS5 based on multi-generational releases as opposed to having to wait for the next game/a remaster.