By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate new DLC Fighter will be revealed tomorrow!!

one of the best DLC character reveals imo so far, minecraft was basically one of the last big franchises that had no rep yet and it def deserves a spot after how iconic it has become

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 01 October 2020

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Leynos said:

I'm right. But leaving this here. For those that like it. Cool. I will leave the topic now so it's not derailed. Self excusing myself.

sorry with such a shit reasoning it warrants a response

the game is here for a decade it has lasting appeal to a huge audience

the kiddy argument in general is the most nonsensical stuff anyway "bro im to mature for that" LMAO points to exactly the opposide

Right? He's acting like a child, playing Smash Bros, and complaining about Minecraft being a kids game? That's like four layers of immaturity. 

Seriously, there is not a single metric in which Minecraft Steve is a bad choice for smash. 

Minecraft is the best selling game of all time. 

Minecraft is owned by Microsoft so it further shows the company's willingness to work together.

Minecraft has a HUGE cultural impact on gaming.

Minecraft truly is a game that's for all ages (not just for kids)

Steve is an iconic character with an iconic look and unique gameplay features.

It'll sell well, it'll likely play well, and I'm confident Sakurai has found a way to make Steve's unique additions to the game something worth having. Seriously, I cannot praise this decision enough and anyone whining about it is just being a petty brat or a hipster whining about the popular thing. Seriously, I have a hard time thinking of a better choice for a DLC fighter in smash bros. Claiming otherwise is just ignorant. I get that plenty of people won't use him (Hell, I likely won't, if I'm being honest), but that doesn't make him a bad choice. 

I have been criticising Xbox players a lot these last months but this latest reveal reminds me that Smash players are probably the saltiest in the world. Well, next to League of LEgends. That salt pile is legendary. 

Regardless, This is a huge win for Minecraft and for Nintendo. I'm super stoked to play as Steve, at least from time to time. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CaptainExplosion said:
PAOerfulone said:

Well, now that Minecraft Steve is in. It’s only a matter of time before we get Fortnite Guy.

Oh please no!! Smash Bros. doesn't need Fortnitemare contaminating it!!

We've already had Crash Bandicoot and Shantae given the shaft because of Minecraft, we don't need any content from a shooter about fort building and tacky dances.

Look at it from the bright side. There’s still three more DLC slots to fill.

Leynos said:
Jranation said:

Minecraft is the biggest IP out of all the Smash DLC characters.

And? I don't care some toddler game is popular. Same with Fortnite. Kids games. Meh.  Still a lame announcement. Then again I just found out this game sorta rips off Shin Megami Tensei with green penis characters. Nothing as elaborate as Mara. I'd post but might get reported. I have never heard of "Steve". That sounds as lame for a video game character name as Jim the Knight in Hylide or Lester the Unlikely.

Oof. Feel sorry for you. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CaptainExplosion said:
PAOerfulone said:

Well, now that Minecraft Steve is in. It’s only a matter of time before we get Fortnite Guy.

We've already had Crash Bandicoot and Shantae given the shaft because of Minecraft, we don't need any content from a shooter about fort building and tacky dances.

Hilariously, you reminding me about the fort building mixed with the Minecraft character reveal makes me think that having a Fortnite character in the game would be great! I don't even like fortnite but its popularity and unique gameplay opportunities really do make this a viable option! 

Maybe if you started thinking of what's best for smash and not what's best for you, you'd not be such a salty wench. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
PAOerfulone said:

Contaminating? It’s a video game, not water.

Crash or Shantae could still get in, there are 5 slots. But if you think one of the most iconic video games and THE best selling video game of all time didn’t deserve its own character in a game that is meant to be a celebration of all video gaming. I don’t know what to tell you.

Marth said:
After having some time to let it sink this is definetly my favorite Smash reveal so far.

Steve looks so fun and unique and the little details and nods to what Minecraft has makes this inclusion so special.
Thats S grade effort in that character. I hope the Stage does have something interesting too.

Makes me more hopeful for the rest of the pack to get more unique fighters.

I still think Banjo was the best, but this is a close second! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

S.Peelman said:
CaptainExplosion said:

even better, theres actually four left!

CaptainExplosion said:
S.Peelman said:

Yes, but why do I have a feeling that they'll be filled with more characters I don't want?

Then don't buy them! GASP! I know! Crazy to think about, but you're not obligated to buy them. Stop bitching, the world doesn't revolve around you.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PAOerfulone said:

Loot Llama!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]