By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate new DLC Fighter will be revealed tomorrow!!

While I don't like the choice, I 100% 'get' why he was included. Nintendo would be stupid not to put him in considering how much Minecraft sells; especially in Japan where it's the only 3rd party game on the Switch (until MHR releases) that's able to keep up with Nintendo's 1st party offerings. And while there are people disappointed and/or angry at the inclusion, at least you didn't have a bunch of people thinking/saying 'who?' during the reveal like they did for some other long asked for inclusions.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
I mean, at least it's not Geno

I was scared mario was getting beat up and geno would come to save him. 

I've never actually played Minecraft, so I don't have any personal attachment to its characters. That said, this strikes me as a great addition. The Minecraft IP is incredibly popular, and Steve is a character who actually looks/plays differently from the other fighters.

Plus the reveal video was great, and Sakurai's description of Nintendo bigwigs coming to his office and making Smash suggestions was hilarious

dx11332sega said:

Did kirby absorb steve?

I think so

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Well that sucked, I still don't fully know what Minecraft is but don't care. Lame announcements are Nintendo's MO of 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

To say this announcement was lame and underwhelming would be an understatement.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 01 October 2020

CaptainExplosion said:
MasonADC said:

if you hate minecraft so much im not sure how youre even interacting with the minecraft community lol

I don't interact with them (other than my older brother of 3 years) because I already know they're elitist.

Then again, including Steve in Smash has one advantage: Beat the ever loving shit out of him for being included over better characters.

Jesus, someone's salty. 

Dude, there's a very good reason why Minecraft is so important and there's a very good reason why this character addition is very good. I get that you don't like it but your anti-minecraft hate is almost as sad as my anti-microsoft rhetoric or the many anti-Sony arguments I see on here. It's just all a bunch of 'bawww, I hate the popular thing' nonsense. we get it, hipster, you don't like it. 

Get over it and have a better outlook on life. There are still multiple slots left in the game, and the game already has one of the biggest character rosters of all time outside of weird fan-games with infinite characters. You're not going to like every character and that's fine, your dour mood is ruining the vibe for the rest of us.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Personally disappointed, but this is probably the biggest character to be added in DLC, and arguably the most popular character in the game aside from the main Mario characters, Sonic, Pacman, and maybe Pikachu and Donkey Kong.

Jpcc86 said:
To say this announcement was lame and underwhelming would be a understatement.

It would be false, that's for sure! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Leynos said:
Well that sucked, I still don't fully know what Minecraft is but don't care. Lame announcements are Nintendo's MO of 2020

Minecraft is the biggest IP out of all the Smash DLC characters.

Pocky Lover Boy!